ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

two-factor entrance authentication

<< < (2/2)

Steven Avery:

The main application under consideration is currently an ecommerce application, that runs under Wordpress.

Shortly, that will be replaced by a dedicated ecommerce platform that is hosted on the server, without the Wordpress middle layer, written largely in PHP/Zend. A more robust ecommerce implementation (something that the Wordpress program, WooCommerce, tries to get around with a gazillion addons.)  Magento is the more robust one and the techie programmer support is stronger.

Both have 1000s of installations.

===========

Thanks for the cpanel and related information.  I will be looking it over.  

"We really need two-factor authentication ...  will even make password theft useless. If this is too much, then the absolute easiest way to this is to require email verification ...."

Basically, I was simply seeing the problem and offering an unusual alternate implementation.   I have notified our website developers that we would like there to be some sort of special admin security.

===========

"the fact that your server is not hardened against such attempts."

We recently switched to Nexcess as a host largely because they seem to be very attuned to techie stuff, quickly.
This has worked out very well.

===========

Steven

wraith808:

The main application under consideration is currently an ecommerce application, that runs under Wordpress.

Shortly, that will be replaced by a dedicated ecommerce platform that is hosted on the server, without the Wordpress middle layer, written largely in PHP/Zend. A more robust ecommerce implementation (something that the Wordpress program, WooCommerce, tries to get around with a gazillion addons.)  Magento is the more robust one and the techie programmer support is stronger.

Both have 1000s of installations.
-Steven Avery (February 17, 2015, 09:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

I would caution against the idea that just because something has 1000s of installations that it is secure.  If you are really concerned about such, it needs to be a continual consideration.

"the fact that your server is not hardened against such attempts."

We recently switched to Nexcess as a host largely because they seem to be very attuned to techie stuff, quickly.
This has worked out very well.
-Steven Avery (February 17, 2015, 09:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you have confidence in your host as far as that aspect, it's one of the best lines of defense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version