ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Simple Utility to find the value of a specific key in Windows Registry

(1/3) > >>

questorfla:
I say SIMPLE because this is something I need to be able to email out to a bunch of people who are definitely not technologically inclined.  There is no way I would want them running regedit with a sheet of instructions on where to go.  But:
On the specified page for How to Know Which Updates to Run on the Microsoft Website this is all they offer:  Three different sites to go to depending on the value stored in a specific location of the entire value of a Specific Key.  
That is enough to make even ME swear off all Office Products! :tellme:
This is the key they give.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Software\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

This is what it says about the procedure:

Each GUID uses the following format:
{BRMMmmmm-PPPP-LLLL-p000-D000000FF1CE}
In this format, <PPPP> represents the product ID.

To get the correct upgrade of all components:  This is what is needed to determine the version of OneDrive for Business installed on your system.  This next steps after this tell you where to go if you have "which version".  Three different sites depending on what you find in that registry key at that location.

I almost cannot believe this is posted on the Microsoft Help Page!

•If "PPPP" is 008C, the Click-to-Run version of Office is installed on the computer.
•If "PPPP" is 00BA and "LLLL" is a nonzero value, the OneDrive for Business client is installed as part of the Office 2013 suite.
•If "PPPP" is 00BA and "LLLL" is 0000, the stand-alone OneDrive for Business client is installed.

I KNOW I will get a faster solution here than I will on the MS site is why I am asking.  :)
Does anyone know of an easier way to do this as there is no way I can expe4ct the Users here to be able to follow this procedure. :'(

skwire:
Give me a few minutes...

skwire:
@questorfla: Can you PM me a screenshot showing this key in RegEdit?  I just want to make sure of a few things...

questorfla:
I wish i could but the path is as stated, the RESULTS are staggering!  It is a Hex list covering EVERY possible software on the system it looks like
On this one it was over a page full of >>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{092A84C-00A-4CA-9AC-F29D34DAC}  *Note.  I removed a few digits to make me feel a little more secure... not that it matters.  I have no idea what program this is showing unless i open further.
The whole Ordeal with Onedrive is far more trouble than it is worth.

questorfla:
I figured SURELY the location would only show what they want you to see or need but No One (without further input) would have the slightest idea which to look for. WAY WAY down the list I find (I guess) that I am an "008C".  I actually found that by searching for the specific item " 008C" since I knew mine SHOULD be that.  PS:  Sorry You did say PM.  I missed that

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version