ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Non-Windows Software

Android: Looking for true app data backup solution

<< < (2/3) > >>

nite_monkey:
A while back when I first got my otg cable, I was able to view my usb drive in twrp. I never tried to actually set it as my backup location tho. I assume it might work. BTW, are you using the free version of Titanium and rom toolbox, or the pro versions?

superboyac:
A while back when I first got my otg cable, I was able to view my usb drive in twrp. I never tried to actually set it as my backup location tho. I assume it might work. BTW, are you using the free version of Titanium and rom toolbox, or the pro versions?
-nite_monkey (July 14, 2014, 06:02 PM)
--- End quote ---
paid: both versions.

nite_monkey:
paid: both versions.
-superboyac (July 14, 2014, 06:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

I might have to give the paid version of Titanium a try then. other than it's backup features, is it worth buying rom toolbox?

mwb1100:
ROM Toolbox is a nice collection of what would otherwise be separate utility apps (many of which require the device to be rooted).  Some of the things I use it for:

- SuperSU
  - busybox
  - root file explorer
  - sqlite3 database editor (comes up when you open a .db file in the explorer)
  - app manager (that lets you 'freeze' apps, so you can disable them without deleting them)

It also has a bunch of utilities to manage ROMs, but I haven't used them yet.  I think it was a very worthwhile purchase.

I did have a recent problem with the sqlite3 editing - it requires that the device have the 'sqlite3' command line program in the path.  Many devices have it because it's part of the Android AOSP build, but some manufacturers remove it because it's not necessary for the normal running of the device.  I used the "SQLite Installer for Root" app to install the utility, and the functionality worked in JRummy's explorer after that.

I submitted a couple bug reports about this problem via JRummy's website (one from when I had the problem and didn't know how to fix it, and another explaining the fix I found), but I never received any kind of reply.  I guess this is an indication that support might be an issue if you find yourself needing it.  We'll see if the next update to ROM Toolbox includes the sqlite3 utility or at least tells you that it's missing instead of giving you a useless error message if you have this problem.

4wd:
A question: Even after paying for ROM Toolbox Pro, you're still prompted to buy more within the program?

BTW, I know why you guys really bought it ;D

Android: Looking for true app data backup solution

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version