topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 23, 2024, 2:14 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Looking for a REfinancing app  (Read 3092 times)

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Looking for a REfinancing app
« on: May 29, 2006, 04:04 PM »
I just noticed the thread about financing apps...I also want to know if there are any good refinancing software out there.  Basically, I want something where I can put my many refinancing options (different interest rates, different points, different closing costs) and analyze them to see which is the best option for me.  I'm trying to do a spreadsheet right now in Excel, but it's taking too long and I'm getting a little tired.

I've searched the web, and can't find anything good, but I'm probably not using the right words or something.  I don't Money or Quicken does this the way I want.

momonan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Looking for a REfinancing app
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 08:01 PM »
No problem.  Quicken has a planning section that will tell you exactly how long it will take you to break even if you refinance and how much (or if) you will save, depending on the rate, points, length of mortgage, etc. 
When you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning - Catherine Aird