ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Basic Pop-Up Notice/Reminder Window

<< < (2/5) > >>

nkormanik:
Definitely cool, Chris.  Amazing that you were able to come up with it so fast.  Great going.  Everything I asked for, and more.

Thanks to 4wd and wraith808 for your suggestions.

Chris, only one question remains.  Certainly I can have multiple folders of MessagePop -- each one for some particular message.  Not a problem.  But let's just suppose a user wants to store *five* messages, and doesn't think of creating five different MessagePop folders.  What might you suggest to that person?

As said, not an issue as far as I'm concerned.  But just a thought.

Thanks again, Chris, big time.

AbteriX:
I'd like to use the built-in Windows Scheduled Tasks to put in certain reminders.

When a particular date/time arrives..., a window will pop up on the screen, with text.

Characteristics of the pop-up window:

-- Centered on the screen
-- Regular window with x in right-hand corner that user can press on to dismiss
-- Ability to control font size.  Would like a large-sized font -- perhaps 40-point
-- Possibly allow for setting background color -- perhaps a nice light blue
-nkormanik (July 14, 2014, 02:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

IIRC therefore I had used MessaBox > https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=9221.0

c.gingerich:
@nkormanik - Thanks, I'm glad it'll work for you! Since I added command line support for the message you can pass a message to the EXE. So if the user has 5 tasks scheduled he can pass a different message to each one.

MessagePop.exe "This is message 1"
MessagePop.exe "This is message 2"
MessagePop.exe "This is message 3"

nkormanik:
Excellent!

Skwire, another winner.

skwire:
Good work, Chris.  I'll move this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page