ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 8 Pro System Image Backup.

(1/2) > >>

BCHOWDHURY:
How can I backup Windows 8 Pro system image to a pen drive? Thanks in advance. All replies are much appreciated.

4wd:
Any decent free backup/imaging software should be able to use a flash drive as a destination, eg. Paragon, AOMEI, etc.

Otherwise, just copy the image files to the flash drive after doing the backup.

Give AOMEI Backupper a go.

Or do you mean you want to create a system image on the flash drive that you can boot off, (eg. a VHD) ?

BCHOWDHURY:
Thanks for the reply 4wd. What I want to do is create a system image backup of C: drive. I can easily backup to an external hard drive. When I choose my SanDisk 32 GB pen drive, I get the error message, "The drive is not a valid backup location." My C: partition occupies a mere 20 GB while the pen drive has 28 GB free space.

4wd:
Flash drives come default formatted with the FAT32 filesystem for maximum compatibility between OS' - maximum file size is 4GB.

To store your image, you need to tell your backup program to split into 4GB parts, (some will do it anyway and you tell them otherwise), or format the flash drive as NTFS.

What filesystem is your flash drive using and what backup program are you using ?

BCHOWDHURY:
I have no third party backup software. Files system is FAT32.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version