ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Homebrewing

<< < (11/12) > >>

Cuffy:
http://www.amazon.com/Treatise-Brewing-Beer-E-Hughes-ebook/dp/B004TSB378/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1408332446&sr=1-1&keywords=free+beer+books

Best I could do on short notice  :(

If you have an Amazon account simply search free beer books.
That was the only one there just now but that's a dynamic site and there may be a dozen tomorrow.  :D

I'm also wondering if I copy and paste a link from an RSS feed directing you to Amazon if that would work. You have an Amazon account, hmmm  :huh:

Cuffy:
Here's one of the entries on the Free Kindle eBooks list this morning.
I realize that you need a Kindle acct, Amazon acct, etc. but this will give you an idea of what's out there   :huh:
Damn!, beer is big business   :o
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EZV3HX2

This page is for free Kindle books, which Amazon downloads to your Kindle acct, AT Amazon  :tellme:
They areNOT downloaded to your harddrive  :(
If you will notice there's a long list of "what others are reading" at the bottom of that page........ :tellme:
Somewhere in that kindle list it was cited that a large overlap of sources exists so my mission this morning is to find another source for some of those books. I was a little surprised at the number of free psychology books that Google turned up so maybe there is some free beer (books) afterall   :D
If Google turns up freebies, I promise, you'll be the first to know... :P

Renegade:
Been a bit busy, so still need to get the VM & accounts & Kindle running... But I'll get to that! :)

Regarding this batch of ginger ale, I've been much more patient and methodical (using the fermenter), and it's gurgling away very nicely after almost a week and gurgles every 5 seconds or so.

But... it is testing my patience... I'm dying to try it...

Heck, I can't keep away from my last batch of beer. It's bottled, and primed for secondary fermentation, but I've still pilfered 3 bottles so far, and it's still very nice. Even at room temperature.

I HATE warm beer. Or rather, I hate stuff like warm MGD or Bud or Molson Canadian or Labatt's Blue... They're horrid warm. This? It's actually nice warm. It's a brownish red, lightly carbonated (because it's still too early), but very drinkable. It's actually much nicer than the commercial stuff I buy.

I've got a packet of ale yeast still, and wondering what I can do with that, but I've only got so many bottles, and I'll run out once I bottle the ginger ale.

I saw strawberries on sale... oh my... strawberry beer! So many possibilities! :D

Renegade:
This is Youtube channel from a homebrew retailer. They have a LOT of really good material. They do advertise some of the things they sell, BUT... get this... they actually talk about the products in a practical way, i.e. exactly the opposite of the drivel commercial ads you get on TV. They're more like product reviews.

Most of the videos are educational, and even the short ones get into some depth with explanations that I've not heard elsewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/user/NorthernBrewerTV/videos

Now, back to watching a fellow explain yeast strains! 8)  :Thmbsup:

Cuffy:
Here's one of the entries on the Free Kindle eBooks list this morning.
I realize that you need a Kindle acct, Amazon acct, etc. but this will give you an idea of what's out there   huh
Damn!, beer is big business   ohmy
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EZV3HX2

This page is for free Kindle books, which Amazon downloads to your Kindle acct, AT Amazon  tellme
They areNOT downloaded to your harddrive  Sad
--- End quote ---

A slight correction is in order here............ :huh:
The free Kindle books are downloaded to your Kindle account at Amazon and are loaded into your Kindle for PC when you open the reader.
BUT  :-[  by right clicking on each volume then clicking "Download" the book comes down to your Kindle content folder.
I knew I had Kindle book files in Win7 so I started playing, moving files, etc. where I discovered, (or remembered) the right click thingee. What happened in Win8  :huh: I went back to the Win8 machine and tried the right click. Bingo, it works in Win8 too  :)

I found the fastest way to download was to go to the end of the list of books in the ereader, right click, Download, and keep doing the same thing (up the list) as fast as you want. As they download they disappear from the list so you just keep up with the drill until all the books in the achive are gone and they all appear in your collections. It's easy and quite fast once you get a rhythm established.  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version