ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Homebrewing

<< < (7/12) > >>

tomos:
And, knowing how to properly open a super-mega-fizzy bottle is a learned skill. I tried a few ways, and have now settled on a solid method that works for explosively wild fizziness. :D
-Renegade (August 12, 2014, 09:37 AM)
--- End quote ---
you want to be careful you dont have exploding bottles :o

One last thing... Using a fermenter is way better than just doing it in bottles.
--- End quote ---

no understand -
you mean instead of 'bottle-conditioned'? does a 'fermenter' make it like in a barrel?

Ren's Draught Ginger Ale :)

Renegade:
And, knowing how to properly open a super-mega-fizzy bottle is a learned skill. I tried a few ways, and have now settled on a solid method that works for explosively wild fizziness. :D
--- End quote ---
you want to be careful you dont have exploding bottles :o
-tomos (August 12, 2014, 09:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've got good strong bottles.

And I have a lot of faith in them... Especially after opening a few and seeing the pressure first hand... Holy mother... They sound like a high-caliber rifle.

One last thing... Using a fermenter is way better than just doing it in bottles.
--- End quote ---

no understand -
you mean instead of 'bottle-conditioned'? does a 'fermenter' make it like in a barrel?

Ren's Draught Ginger Ale :)
-tomos (August 12, 2014, 09:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, for the ginger ale (or really with this batch, lemonade-ginger ale), I fermented them in the bottle then capped them.

A fermenter is just a glorified barrel. They're better to work with.

40hz:
Even without the alcohol, soft-carbonated (and preferably unsweetened) lemonade is a treat on a hot day. :-*

Learned about that one from a expat French client of mine. I understand it's big on the Continent.

superboyac:
Even without the alcohol, soft-carbonated (and preferably unsweetened) lemonade is a treat on a hot day. :-*

Learned about that one from a expat French client of mine. I understand it's big on the Continent.
-40hz (August 12, 2014, 12:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
Interesting...never tried it sugarless.  Any recommendations on brands?

Renegade:
-40hz (August 12, 2014, 12:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's got me thinking more about what I can do. e.g. what would this be like?

500 g Strawberries (or any fruit combo)
350 g Dark brown sugar (a heavier flavour)
150 g Organic/natural/unfiltered/lightly filtered honey (gives a more complex flavour)
Champagne yeast (half package or so)

That'd be enough for 5~10 L of beverage.

Living in SE Asia... man... that was great... I'm a fruit juice freak. I love it. When I went out to eat I'd order 4 to start. Starfruit, mango, watermelon, lime juice... so many to choose!

But basically, just sugar + yeast + flavour. Done. The only trick is figuring out a good mix.

I'm really enjoying this bottle of lemon-ginger ale.

I experimented on this batch a lot with timing, and have figured out a fair bit.

And managed to start dipping into the raw batch of beer I've got brewing... man... warm raw beer is pretty damn fine. Try warm Bud. :P Hint: You can't tell the difference between warm Bud & piss! :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version