ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The art of finding

(1/5) > >>

Contro:
The art of finding.

I want to know hoy is the electrical power of a hard disk so I search for this in google and obtain answers not directly related to my interest.

Fails the context search.

Exists a good directory of thematic and contextual searchs ?

Best Regards

4wd:
Perhaps refine your search terms:

Model number "power" "specification"

eg.

HS06THB "power" "specification"

Second answer, (for me), is the spec sheet at Seagate, (who took over Samsung' HDD assets).

Contro:
I am studying this subject.
I think i will use Intelli Web Search for this purpose.
I more wikipedia.
I put angry when searching for scientific subject with google.
At last i am using more often duckduck
 :-*

I will make script to launch from the clipboard selecting the engine : wiki, duck duck.....

When we search in the wiki I think don't have so many problems as with Google.

And a good idea : search inside Donation Coder for many other subjects....
 :Thmbsup:

MilesAhead:
I will make script to launch from the clipboard selecting the engine : wiki, duck duck.....
-Contro (July 11, 2014, 02:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you get something working please post it.  I'd be curious to see how you approach it.  FF context menu I can search using whatever engine is in the search box.  But it would be nicer to have a submenu with all the search engines or some other approach that's not cumbersome.  :)

4wd:
FF context menu I can search using whatever engine is in the search box.  But it would be nicer to have a submenu with all the search engines or some other approach that's not cumbersome.  :)-MilesAhead (July 11, 2014, 05:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Advanced URL Builder

The art of finding

Disclaimer: I have no idea how the torrent and NZB search engines got there

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version