ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Sublime Text Giveaway

<< < (3/5) > >>

40hz:
So it was just an email harvesting tactic? :mad:
-Deozaan (July 22, 2014, 01:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Perhaps not.  But perhaps.  And the page hasn't disappeared, just the announcement.  Perhaps only the winner was notified, which happens with several contests.
-wraith808 (July 22, 2014, 01:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

I suppose you could always send a query to their sales department and ask if you're that curious about who won it. But with only a single copy up for grabs I don't think there's much financial incentive for the dev to be playing games over it.
 8)

wraith808:
So it was just an email harvesting tactic? :mad:
-Deozaan (July 22, 2014, 01:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Perhaps not.  But perhaps.  And the page hasn't disappeared, just the announcement.  Perhaps only the winner was notified, which happens with several contests.
-wraith808 (July 22, 2014, 01:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

I suppose you could always send a query to their sales department and ask if you're that curious about who won it. But with only a single copy up for grabs I don't think there's much financial incentive for the dev to be playing games over it.
 8)
-40hz (July 22, 2014, 03:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

This :)

Jibz:
 8)
--- End quote ---

The contest wasn't run by the people behind ST itself, but by a guy called Josh Earl who has written a couple of e-books on ST and runs a mailing list with tips.

bjk:

8)
--- End quote ---

Yes, of course! Though I'm not that interested who won if there is one that won and an announcement like "Giveaway is over. The winner has been notified and thanks a lot for giving your email addresses." would have been very kind.

MilesAhead:

8)
--- End quote ---

Yes, of course! Though I'm not that interested who won if there is one that won and an announcement like "Giveaway is over. The winner has been notified and thanks a lot for giving your email addresses." would have been very kind.
-bjk (July 23, 2014, 09:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think there is this one guy who wins everything.  State Lotto Contests, new cars, Irish Sweepstakes etc..  He used to work for the US Postal Service.  He was in a unique position to discard the entries of other participants.  This gave him a tremendous advantage.  Especially since he could bombard the contests with entries funded by the postage meter at the mail sorting center.  I believe he retired when snail mail contest entries went out of favor.

Unless of course he branched out into telecommunications.   Hmmmm.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version