ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Malwarebytes self-start problem

<< < (8/11) > >>

Shades:
It can also be the power supply not being able (anymore) to supply all the components of sufficient power all the time. You will experience all kinds of vague errors because of that.

bit:
Thank you, it's a 650 watt power supply and the only card in any slot is the video card, and it only has one HD actively plugged in.
Switching to the 10K rpm HD helped noticeably.
Uninstalling MWB helped even more.
But I didn't install Superantispyware yet, since the occasional BSOD still happens.

I had an idea though.
I remember seeing an option choice whether to let the computer drop video frames it lags behind in showing, or sort of catching them and playing them in a sort of catch-up process.
I know that's lousy terminology, but that was the general idea.
I recall choosing the option not to drop missed video frames but to do catch-up.
Sometimes the computer screen freezes, then shows the vid frames in fast-forward as it catches up now; and sometimes it just freezes and either crashes or needs a reboot.

If anyone can tell me where this option is, I think if I switch to the option to just drop the missed frames, it might help considerably.
Sorry for the rotten pseudo-terminology.

Cuffy:
Sounds like you're getting closer?

Have you get Media Streaming turned on in the control panel?
Network and Sharing ???
 :huh:

bit:
Sounds like you're getting closer?

Have you get Media Streaming turned on in the control panel?
Network and Sharing ???
-Cuffy (August 10, 2014, 06:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
Tnx. Sorry, but I don't follow your meaning?

Cuffy:
Sorry, that's a typo..................

Have you got media streaming enabled? There are some options for media streaming in Network and Sharing Center in Control Panel.

Another question............. you only have one slot filled, your video card. Can you pull the video card and use onboard video??
Someone already mentioned that but if your mobo has onboard video I think now is the hour to see if the video card has a hitch in it's gitalong?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version