ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

I'd like to get a Windows Tablet: help me decide.

<< < (14/16) > >>

dr_andus:
OK fine, but android has the same problem and they've figured it out.
-superboyac (March 06, 2015, 12:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not so sure about that. Got myself my first Android tablet recently (Hudl 2), and I was shocked to see that it depleted itself in a single day in standby without me ever touching it, while my ancient iPad 1 can still hold its charge for weeks in standby (even if it's useless now for browsing).

wraith808:
--- End quote ---

Not so sure about that. Got myself my first Android tablet recently (Hudl 2), and I was shocked to see that it depleted itself in a single day in standby without me ever touching it, while my ancient iPad 1 can still hold its charge for weeks in standby (even if it's useless now for browsing).
-dr_andus (March 06, 2015, 03:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

That could be hardware related, however.  My Nook is an android tablet, and as I said, it goes a week or more.  Not as good as my ipad, but still good enough for occasional reading.  The battery life is pointed out as one of the cons on that particular tablet in the reviews I've seen.

In comparison, look at the stream numbers:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8760/hp-stream-7-review/5

That's a good review overall of the stream 7 also.

superboyac:
--- End quote ---

-dr_andus (March 06, 2015, 03:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
dr. andus, if you do research on it (I'll post my articles once I find them) you'll see that Windows OS has had issues with this.  Android may have an issue here and there, but the OS itself is built for this sort of thing.  So in your case, it may really be the problem of the hardware.

Windows' problem is not the hardware, it's the OS itself.  It's not built for efficient use of mobile tech...the management of screen on/off, wifi on/off or on while screen is off, etc.  They've made supposedly "significant" updates to it in the past year with the surface user complaining, but they are klunky and still not very significant at all.  I'm assuming it will be fixed in windows 10, but you never know.  if not, I'll be like wtf.

wraith808:
Windows OS has had issues with this.  Android may have an issue here and there, but the OS itself is built for this sort of thing.  So in your case, it may really be the problem of the hardware.

Windows' problem is not the hardware, it's the OS itself.  It's not built for efficient use of mobile tech...the management of screen on/off, wifi on/off or on while screen is off, etc.  They've made supposedly "significant" updates to it in the past year with the surface user complaining, but they are klunky and still not very significant at all.  I'm assuming it will be fixed in windows 10, but you never know.  if not, I'll be like wtf.
-superboyac (March 06, 2015, 03:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

And this is exactly what worries me about their one OS to rule them all approach they're doing with Windows 10.  They've shown that their power management frankly sucks.  And it's the largest thing I hope they fix.  But with one size fits all, I don't think they will.

superboyac:
Windows OS has had issues with this.  Android may have an issue here and there, but the OS itself is built for this sort of thing.  So in your case, it may really be the problem of the hardware.

-superboyac (March 06, 2015, 03:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

And this is exactly what worries me about their one OS to rule them all approach they're doing with Windows 10.  They've shown that their power management frankly sucks.  And it's the largest thing I hope they fix.  But with one size fits all, I don't think they will.
-wraith808 (March 06, 2015, 03:40 PM)
--- End quote ---
I know.  Seriously.
From what I know about computers and stuff, it shouldn't be that difficult for a company like MS.  So they just don't want to do it, YET.  They know about it, they can probably fix it with a patch update in probably a week, maybe more for testing and confirmation, that's it.  They're not doing it because for some reason they don't want to.  Maybe it will be touted as the BIG feature for windows 10.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version