ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

DBISAM Engine Error # 9732

(1/3) > >>

ClipPete:
CH&S had been working nicely for the past few months.
All of a sudden today I started getting this message:

DBISAM Engine Error # 9732 A value must be provided for the field 'Index' in the table 'Clip Table'

and the program is not working at all as a result.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?

TIA

mouser:
Close the error message(s) and then go to Options dialog and then to the Backup/Maintenance tab, and then click "Verify or Repair Database".
See if that helps.

ClipPete:
Close the error message(s) and then go to Options dialog and then to the Backup/Maintenance tab, and then click "Verify or Repair Database".
See if that helps.
-mouser (July 09, 2014, 09:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for helping out!

This seems a bit more serious than what I initially posted.

I'm getting many error messages:

DBISAM Engine Error # 9732 A value must be provided for the field 'Index' in the table 'Clip Table'

Error DB65: DBISAM Error # 11949 SQL parsing error - Expected expression but instead found ) in SELECT SQL statement at line 1, column 50

Error EXDE29: Operation aborted

Error DB65: DBISAM Error # 11949 SQL parsing error - Expected expression but instead found ) in
DELETE SQL statement at line 1, column 30

TableGroups: Field 'Index' not found

If I try to go to Options as you suggested, I get:
"TableClips: Field 'Index' not found"

mouser:
It sounds like your clip database has gotten corrupted somehow.

Ok let's back up and do first things first:

Exit CHS
Then go to where your CHS database is stored (defaults to Documents\DonationCoder\ClipboardHelpAndSpell\Database).
Zip up that database directory, and copy it someplace safe.
And copy the BACKUPS directory someplace safe.

AFTER you have made copies of all those files, so that we can always go back to where you are now, you might try this:

Then look in your Backups\ directory and see if there is a recent backup file with a date that if you rolled back to you wouldn't lose any important clips.  If so, you can try to restore to that backup from that same Backup/Maintenance tab within CHS.

mouser:
Or, even before you try restoring from a backup, you might try exiting CHS, moving all files out of that Database directory, and then restarting CHS to give you a completely empty blank database.  Make sure that works without any errors, and then try restoring one of those backups.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version