ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

More good web comics you've discovered

<< < (4/11) > >>

Cloq:
Fowl Language!  :Thmbsup:

wraith808:
Questionable Content - he has a patreon at https://www.patreon.com/jephjacques (NSFW)

Giants in the Playground - Very good, especially if you play RPGs.  Updates irregularly.

Edvard:
Just found this one a few weeks ago, and lost some sleep catching up...  :up:
Beautifully drawn and artfully told by Minna Sundberg from 'A Redtail's Dream'.

"Stand Still. Stay Silent" is a post apocalyptic webcomic with elements from Nordic mythology, set 90 years in the future. It's mostly a story about friendship and exploring a forgotten world, with some horror, monsters and magic on the side.

The comic updates with one new page every weekday, Monday through Friday.

--- End quote ---

The Story So Far:
Essentially, some sort of virus or something has begun infecting people and animals in northern Europe, which transforms them into hideous monstrosities.  Some people and all cats are immune, so massive quarantines and nationalist hilarity ensues.  90 years later, a poor book translator catches wind that "The Silent Lands" (areas overtaken by the infection and its victims) harbor many libraries and the books therein are quite valuable.  He gets some friends together and petitions the government for a grant to hire a crew of adventurer/explorers to go explore, report their findings, and especially bring back precious books!  The grant is laughingly small, so their crew is ragtag to say the least, but...

The comic starts a little jerkily, as the ancestors of the main characters play out some of the events preceding the main story.  After the prolog, however, the pace starts to pick up and it gets pretty good.

It's been 90 years after the end of the old world. Most of the surviving population of the Known world live in Iceland, the largest safe area in existence, while the safe settlements in the other Nordic countries; Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland, are small and scarce.

Countless mysterious and unspoken dangers lurk outside the safe areas - the Silent world, and hunters, mages and cleansers will spend their lives defending the settlements against the terrifying beings. Because of a great fear towards everything in the Silent world no official attempts to explore the ruins of the old have been made, and most of the information about it has turned into ancient lore, known by few.

But now, at last, it is time to send out an research crew into the great unknown! A poorly funded and terribly unqualified crew, but a crew nonetheless.
--- End quote ---

Stand Still, Stay Silent
http://www.sssscomic.com/

tomos:
^ yes, lovely drawing  :-*
page 1 reminds me of some of Tolkien's drawings

More good web comics you've discovered

Edvard:
^ yes, lovely drawing  :-*
page 1 reminds me of some of Tolkien's drawings
-tomos (April 13, 2016, 03:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Aw man, smack me for not seeing it myself.... Yes, that is VERY Tolkien-ish.  When I was about 12, I got my hands on a hardback copy of The Hobbit with yellowing pulp pages and a forest green cloth cover, and it was full of his wonderful maps and illustrations.  I have no idea where it is now, but I still remember it fondly.  :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version