ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

rtf documents to the web for no-bureaucracy sharing

<< < (2/2)

Curt:
I agree with you, Steven, that RTF is the more suitable format. However, my experience is that some RTF editors have features not supported by all RTF readers. But it is more important to be understood than to include fancy features, so I almost always use WordPad Write - because  it cannot write many features, but it can read most. So when other people are opening my RTF documents they will never answer that they couldn't read all of it (except of course if they don't have the relevant fonts). WordPad has changed its file name and location several times, on my Win 7 it is C:\Windows\System32\write.exe

Steven Avery:
Hi,

Interesting.
I see WordPad looks ok on taking pics from clipboard

However, I am not using fancy stuff in Atlantis (e.g. bullets and tabs might be fancy?) Rather vanilla. Color, italics, bold, and size are the main tools.

I'm glad someone agrees that .rtf has some nice heads-down aspects.  Now, do I put an .rtf document up directly (and what would that entail?)

Or convert it to HTML? e.g. Abiword has some sort of direct output to HTML. Or a separate converter. However, will my embedded pics end up ok?

Steven

Curt:
I know nothing about Atlantis or Abiword's abilities, but I do remember that Word 2003 gave excellent output, when biblical texts were uploaded directly via the Word's .DOC files. And because .RTF is much simpler, I trust you will be satisfied with your Atlantis publishing directly from Rich Text > HTML.

--------
by the way
http://latex2rtf.sourceforge.net/

Steven Avery:
Hi,

Yes, Atlantis puts out HTML, it is a tad hidden (Save Special, Save as Web Page) and the page comes up right away with Total Commander as my viewer, surely Firefox as well. The HTML may not be elegant, but that does not matter in this case.

Next is to upload. Maybe later today.

Some of the editors like Abiword also input HTML, dunno exactly what that means yet on a practical level (is the output converted to RTF? or does it include tags?) and that may be superfluous for my needs.  I can see ongoing work in RTF, save as HTML, upload, as a consistent theme for many types of writings.

Steven

Steven Avery:
Now for my next question.  What if I want that HTML page or RTF file to be embedded within a section of a blog or a CMS, rather than being a full separate page?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version