ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

friend can't run progs made with .net 4.5 on his XP machine

(1/3) > >>

kyrathaba:
I'm trying to collaborate with a friend on an idea for an app. Im building on a Win 7 machine using C# on top of .Net 4.5. He's running WinXP and gets a Not a valid win32 app message when he tries to run my program. Even when I use the x86 build configuration. I think it's because .Net 4.5 is for Vista forward (per Stackoverflow.com). Any solution so he can run my progs?

Shades:
Besides upgrading the OS, not really. See MSDN article or this even more devastating one from Channel9.

I did more reading, and it might be so that you can compile your .net 4.5 code in Mono, and the result should still work on XP. That still leaves the question: do you want to have such a mix-n-match of IDE's on your build PC?

* edit: added Mono suggestion

Renegade:
Shades is right. XP won't run 4.5. Upgrade OS, or downgrade required .NET version. :(

kyrathaba:
Is there a relatively painless way to downgrade,  or would I have to manually uninstall 4.5, download 2.0, and install it?

Stoic Joker:
Is there a relatively painless way to downgrade,  or would I have to manually uninstall 4.5, download 2.0, and install it?-kyrathaba (July 03, 2014, 08:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

IIRC It should just be a (.NET dependency version) dropdown menu (which defaults to the highest available) in the project creation wizard. In the few times I've gone that (C#) route I always pick the oldest version that will give me the features I'm after. How to change it after the project is created I've not a clue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version