ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Quick script to change the recovery options of a Windows Service

<< < (2/2)

questorfla:
4Wd hit the nail on the head.  (As usual 4WD always hits something :)  )

Anyways, thanks for the replies.  I had somebody point out the importance of spaces "Always after = never before" or some such.  Truly it is.
The part about the admin was driving me nuts trying to figure out how to give admin priv to a bat file until I hit my OWN head and remembered "DUH"
Right Click > Run as Admin.  Works every time (or for this it did anyway)
Thanks to all for the input
Not to be wasting time or space but I got another good question but I'll close this and post it separate.

questorfla:
SJ, I don't know how you made it work.   On every instance of the = it followed the rtule staed in first reply.  the = had to have a space afterward.  Also using 8.1 so I don't know what the difference is.

Stoic Joker:
SJ, I don't know how you made it work.   On every instance of the = it followed the rtule staed in first reply.  the = had to have a space afterward.  Also using 8.1 so I don't know what the difference is.-questorfla (July 03, 2014, 12:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hm... That is weird. I just pasted 4wd's string into an admin CP, changed the target service to fax (as it's unused and breakable), hit enter and checked the results. I was actually expecting it to fail...but it worked just fine. *Shrug* I don't know..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version