ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Why is so much software cracked?

<< < (15/27) > >>

zridling:
Agreed. I've edited my remarks.

zridling:
One more note. A common sign-off you see on many cracks is something like this:

SUPPORT THE COMPANIES THAT PRODUCE QUALITY SOFTWARE!
 IF YOU ENJOYED THIS PRODUCT, BUY IT!  SOFTWARE AUTHORS DESERVE SUPPORT!

So that answers one question for me.

f0dder:
I've always found those notes rather hypocritic, zridling - but they're right, of course :)

Josh:
If it wasnt for cracked software, and piracy, I wouldnt have just purchased Doom 3, Doom 3 ROE, and Quake 4 (Which are set to deliver today!). They let me try out the regular versions of the games, and then, since I NEED online play, I bought all three. So yes, I followed that line and supported these great developers.

Mark0:
I second that.
One time, on the Amiga, I had played a non-original (*) version of "War Head" (anyone remember that? fantastic space game, with a deep atmosphere, IMHO). Fast forward some years. When I saw on a shop on my way to work a certain "I-War", from the same author (Glyn Williams), I bought it straight away. Some thing happened some times after, for the sequel.

(*) I don't like the terms pirate, pirating, pirated, used to refer to software copying.
It's a word waaay to strong, IMHO. It reming to armed thief, murder, rape and some other outrageous crimes. It's totally offscale. And it's not a case that some groups started from day one to use that term, IMHO.

Bye!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version