ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Facebook plays with your mind

(1/5) > >>

wraith808:
Facebook tinkered with users’ feeds for a massive psychology experiment

Yeah.  I'm done.  Especially since they didn't consider the ramifications of someone being in a negative emotional state and possibly... you know... doing negative things other than posting?

Don't really care how much family is on it now.

Stoic Joker:
That could easily have skirted very close to an End of User License Agreement.. Nobody really seems to be thinking about there being real people out there on the other end of the wire. They just want to screw with the lab rats.

Renegade:
Anyone want to take bets that their profits increase the closer they get to election time? (Anyone that thinks this won't happen is naive.)

Welcome to Hell.

I gave up on FB last year and refuse to use it anymore. This is just solid verification that I should never touch it again.

MilesAhead:
Just from reading the clip in the link I have the suspicion that this is yet another example of "event A occurred before Event B, therefor A is the cause of B."  Do the implementers of the study have an way to know how the lab rats get all their news?  Like if lab rat "Killer Joe" also reads NYT hard copy or subscribes to KKK Weekly?

Since news is generally negative it might be more demonstrative if they fed the lab rats a diet of jolly good news and they all started posting through rose colored glasses.  :)

Renegade:
^^ I think we're giving them the benefit of the doubt that they did some actual science and accounted for statistical variations and significance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version