ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Ad Muncher 5 will be free

<< < (4/9) > >>

Josh:
And now the plot thickens: Jeff is stating that v5 is NOT COMING SOON

He waited over a month to reply to the thread on their forums with this info. Sounds like v5 is still a ways off...if at all...

Tuxman:
Well... I bought AdGuard for now. HTTPS support seems to be mandatory these days.

mwb1100:
Well... I bought AdGuard for now. HTTPS support seems to be mandatory these days.
-Tuxman (July 29, 2014, 07:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Let us know how you like it after you've had a bit of time with it. 

Ad Muncher is still working pretty well for me so far, but I'd like to stay informed on possible alternatives should things deteriorate.

Tuxman:
AdGuard is nice and its "overlay" is more reliable than that of Ad Muncher IMO. (Also, the UI looks a bit better, but then again, Ad Muncher 5 looked OK on older Windows systems too. AdGuard's tray menu has a blurry font on Win8.1 for me.)

Filtering has some issues yet, such as banners not being detected correctly, but there's a "report banner" function.  :Thmbsup:

Innuendo:
Disclaimer: I'm running the latest AdGuard beta.

I signed up for their beta program anticipating having to make a lot of bug reports and I've really been surprised. It's cleaned up my web browsing experience. Very few ads/banners missed and the ability to use Adblock filter lists is a welcome addition.

Don't know what's going on with your system tray menu. Adguard's is just as clear as every other menu sitting in my tray.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version