ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it

<< < (72/146) > >>

jgpaiva:
Sure is, it was supposed to work like that, thanks for remembering me :)

I've just uploaded a new version ;)

[edit] Also, if you have DCupdater installed, GridMove comes with a "dcupdate" file! Just double-click it to check for updates :) [/edit]

yktoo:
Hi, GridMove is a very very useful utility and big thanks to the author!

Having used it for a while I have some a few suggestions for it:

* Make it possible to have comments in .grid files (some grids may appear somewhat complex without commenting)
* Option for transparency (in percent) of those solid "target bars" might help in operating dense grids. This way you would see through them while docking a window.
* HTML help (.chm) file would be very helpful and much easier to read. I can make one for you if you decide to include it in the bundle.
Thank you once again!

ericslaw:

* I second the idea of comments in the config (I haven't tried '#' or ';' or '--' or '//' or '/* ... */' )
* If not transparency, allow us to set the color or (even better) just draw an outline of the new window location (but perhaps let us specify the line thickness.... single pixel lines would be too small).
* Allow use of a generic MonitorWidth and other variables be used for each monitor, rather than having to replicate/clone Monitor1Width throughout the config.  This would allow the same grid pattern to be usable on each monitor without having to repeat it in the config.

-Eric

ericslaw:

* ... and maybe have an option to showgrid with/without numbers

jgpaiva:
Make it possible to have comments in .grid files (some grids may appear somewhat complex without commenting)
-yktoo (August 17, 2007, 01:20 AM)
--- End quote ---
A .grid file is a simple ini file, thus, commenting with ';' is allowed. (at least, i think that's the character for comments in ini files.

Option for transparency (in percent) of those solid "target bars" might help in operating dense grids. This way you would see through them while docking a window.
--- End quote ---
Yes, that was present on earlier GridMove's versions, but i somehow removed it. But no worries, i noticed that last week and already have it working again. Will be on next version.

HTML help (.chm) file would be very helpful and much easier to read. I can make one for you if you decide to include it in the bundle.
--- End quote ---
Well.. That's not the only thing that needs to be fixed on the help file. It's quite outdated now, and i really really need to remake it (in chm ;) ).

Allow use of a generic MonitorWidth and other variables be used for each monitor, rather than having to replicate/clone Monitor1Width throughout the config.
-ericslaw (August 17, 2007, 03:47 AM)
--- End quote ---
Initially, gridmove worked like that. The problem was that if there was no distinction, there would be no way to have a different grid on each monitor.
But that's a good point, i can add another variable that would work for all monitors.

* ... and maybe have an option to showgrid with/without numbers -ericslaw (August 17, 2007, 03:49 AM)
--- End quote ---
I guess that makes sense, I'll see what i can do.
Notice that the number are supposed to be used with the winkey+1,winkey+2, etc... And with the Winkey+g shortcut, to move windows to specific grid parts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version