ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it

<< < (46/146) > >>

jgpaiva:
Unfortunately, GridMove doesn't work well with my virtual desktop maanger - VirtuaWin: http://virtuawin.sourceforge.net

When I switch desktops, GirdMove automatically shows all the hidden windows and snaps them to place. Is there any way to work around this?
-wcyee (September 13, 2006, 01:30 PM)
--- End quote ---
Sorry, but i couldn't get that behaviour on my computer.
Do you have the latest version of both gridmove and virtuawin?
Exactly in what situation does that occuor?

I am running (testing) a new version of gridmove which should be out in not much time, maybe it's related to that.
Let's see if it's fixed on the next release.

jgpaiva:
I have good news!

I now release GridCreator, so that you can play a bit with it before i release it with the next build of gridmove.

.ahk version
.exe version

(the instructions button still doesn't work, but it's simple to use. Just resize the window with only one button and press the button when you have it with the size you desire. Then, press save.)

reko100:
I just started using this, and i must say this is a very useful app...good job :Thmbsup

Is there a way for the active window to snap to the next available element by using a shortcut?

e.g. I am using 2 parts of a 3-part grid, i open another window, i double-click MButton and the active window will snap to the third part.

Joe

nudone:
great to finally see grid creator, jgpaiva.

it would certainly be nice if the creation window 'snapped' to the edges of the screen - might it be possible so that after you click 'add trigger #' yet another 'creator' window opened so that you could position it alongside the 'creator' window you've just set up. of course, it would be useful if these 'creator' windows snapped to each other as well.

you could then keep adding 'creator' windows until you had your full grid set out on screen - all nicely lined up and snapped together.

Deozaan:
GridMove is only supposed to work with the left mouse button if you click on the part of the title bar that actually has the title of the application, correct? When I click more to the right where there are no words, the grids do not appear. I believe this is normal functionality.-Deozaan (September 12, 2006, 05:40 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, that's how it's supposed to work.

This is easiest seen if you disable "show window contents while dragging" in Windows so that you can see the original position of the title before you started dragging it.
-Deozaan (September 12, 2006, 05:40 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ok, now i see what you mean. This is a giant bug, i have moved it to the top of the todo list. Should be fixed asap!
-jgpaiva (September 14, 2006, 04:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

I actually found out that it doesn't even matter where you first click, as long as it is in the window and you go over the Title, it will pop open the grids. I found that out by selecting text in notepad dragging from the bottom up and going over the title of "Untitled - Notepad"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version