ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it

<< < (40/146) > >>

nudone:
kproth has mentioned something important regarding the problem with the minimise shortcut.

the hotkeys that i made myself where originally things like 'winkey+delete' or 'winkey+pageup' as I knew that they wouldn't conflict with other programs hotkeys. but it annoyed me that I'd have to use both hands to use these hotkeys (I always forget that there is a winkey on the right hand side of the keyboard which I could have used), so I changed the hotkeys so that I could easily use them with my left hand.

I mention this as if it takes more than one manoeuvre to perform a hotkey function then it's not really that nice to use - this is exactly why I don't use the 'alt+space'... 'n' combination that is built into windows (and I can never remember 'n' means minimise).

unfortunately, gridmove is replicating this inbuilt windows hotkey combo and the truth is that I wouldn't have used it - I didn't want to sound ungrateful by saying I wouldn't use that feature so I suggested that it could be speeded up instead.

the hotkey combo's for selecting grid zones makes perfect sense as we need to see the grid layout before selecting a number. there just isn't really any great need to see the grid when minimising, maximising, etc. so a single hotkey hit would be preferred for these actions.

could you not just make it so that gridmove has the hotkeys for minimise, maximise, on top, 50% transparency and rollup by using shortcut keys like winkey+userdefinedkey. I know this is transforming what gridmove does but it makes sense to me to have other window control features as part of the program - providing they are as simple to use as lots of programs out there already that do these windows tasks.

I admit that these are luxuries rather than necessities and it probably is better using a dedicated window control program - the thing I use also allows a window to be moved around the screen a few pixels at a time by using the keyboard, so I could also add that to the request list of gridmove hotkeys.

anyway, I'll be happy with gridmove however you decide to transform it, jgpaiva.

jgpaiva:
There was a giant mistake on the .exe version (when ran for the first time), which didn't unpack the files. Updated to 1.191

jgpaiva:
New version is up, 1.192.
This version features the possibility of changing the colour of the grid (by changing the colour of the Grids/Grid.bmp file) and all the files on the Grids folder are listed on the templates menu.

jgpaiva:
Another update (same release number). Now, the hotkeys are configurable through the tray menu option: hotkeys.
(sorry for the delay on this important option!!)

nudone:
great, i really like the fast move hotkeys.

but couldn't we have had the combination winkey + 0 to minimise a window, as i see there is still a delay when using the control + g keys then hitting 0.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version