ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it

<< < (39/146) > >>

jgpaiva:
It's done!!!!
GridMove 1.19 is here.
It features a complete help file (now that i remember, it misses 2 things, i'll add those tomorrow) and win+# hotkeys! (which by the way are fantastic and i want to thank you for having me implementing them).
Also, the win+g # is improved, and doesn't wait anymore unless it makes sense. This means that if you have less than 10 elements, it'll move the window immediatelly after you press #, if you have more than 10 and less than 20, it'll move the window to areas 2-9 immediatelly and will wait a bit for the 1. (yep, sounds weird, i can't explain it, please try it and you'll understand).

jgpaiva:
Just a small update with a bug fix. Now, when using the keyboard, if you move the window to a "Maximize Vertically" / "Maximize Horizontally" grid element, the window is stretched relative to it's current position, ignoring the mouse position. (the same grid element's behaviour when used with the mouse wasn't altered).

nudone:
brilliant.

the help file is extremely well done and it's good to see some more hotkeys added to the program.

can I just make a quick suggestion - I love the idea of hotkeys for minimising and restoring windows (I've had autohotkey scripts do this in the past) but can you please change the way the '0' is used to minimise a window. the problem is that there is rather a long pause after the '0' is pressed and the minimise function takes place. I'd be really grateful if you could change the hotkey so that it worked instantly - otherwise it's actually quicker for me to take my hand off the keyboard and use the mouse.

I can, of course, just continue to use the autohotkey script that I use for minimising windows instead.

anyway, it's great to see an update for gridmove. I've not tried the over 10 grid zone quick keys yet but I'm sure I will - I think there might be a new grid layout that might just be right for it.

kproth:
Regarding window minimization, just as an FYI for any readers who don't already know:

Alt+SpaceBar, followed by the letter N, minimizes the current window.
WinKey+M minimizes all (non-modal) windows.
WinKey+D shows/hides the desktop, so pressing it once minimizes all windows, and pressing it again restores all windows to their prior position.

- Kevin

jgpaiva:
the help file is extremely well done and it's good to see some more hotkeys added to the program.
-nudone (August 31, 2006, 03:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
Cool, i'm glad to know i could transmit the knowledge in a correct way.

can I just make a quick suggestion - I love the idea of hotkeys for minimising and restoring windows (I've had autohotkey scripts do this in the past) but can you please change the way the '0' is used to minimise a window. the problem is that there is rather a long pause after the '0' is pressed and the minimise function takes place. I'd be really grateful if you could change the hotkey so that it worked instantly - otherwise it's actually quicker for me to take my hand off the keyboard and use the mouse.
-nudone (August 31, 2006, 03:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yep, i've also noticed that, it isn't handy at all. i think it might be better to have 'm' to minimize and 'M' to maximize. Although, 'M' forces the use for another extra modifier (shift). Do you think other key should be used?

I can, of course, just continue to use the autohotkey script that I use for minimising windows instead.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version