ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it

<< < (27/146) > >>

nudone:
will there be a different way of creating grids - the current way is doing my head in. i shall persevere...

jgpaiva:
Ok, glad to know it's working. The .ini file is a damn awful method of interaction with the script. The latest version doesn't have any .ini file editing (it's still not released, though).

heck, sometimes just what looks nice can overrule everything else.
-nudone (July 12, 2006, 02:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
Absolutelly true. You know what? a few days ago i decided i didn't like the way the grid is created right now. So, i created a new grid. Curious about the end result? Check the .zip attached to this post.
As you will noticed, it has absolutelly no practical use, but it's much more fun and better looking :D

The hotkeys are still under development but it's looking quite good! :D

As for improving the way the grids are created... Yes, i know that should be done, as it's quite a hard method right now, but i'll eventually make a tool to create grids, and hopefully, the next version featuring the grid changing should make a good compensation for not being able to create new ones.

[edit] forgot the .zip... >:( >:( [/edit]

mouser:
tool for creating grids  :tellme:
if you include a bunch of grids then 99.9% of users will never need to make their own, and writing a tool to help the .01% of pro users seems a waste of time.  just my humble opinion.  in other words, let nudone suffer  :P

nudone:
i've made 'my' grid so i'm happy now. including several grids probably does negate the need of a grid editor - providing there is always a way of manually creating a grid inside the script for those picky people like myself.

jgpaiva:
At last!!
I present GridMove v1.13 :D

New features:

* Next grid / grid list. When the on drop zone mode, right click and the grid will change to the next one on the list. this list can be costumized in the options.
* Options Menu. No more .ini file editing, all is done through the tray menu now.
* New command mode. Pressing win+g will bring the new command window up. No more selecting number and pressing enter. Now, you only press the number of the window and it'll be moved there. If the grid has more than 9 elements, it'll wait for the next digit, but if you just give it one and wait a bit, the window will be moved. Also, by pressing 'n' you get the next grid, pressing 'r' reloads the script and pressing 'm' maximizes the window.
* Dynamic Grids. Now, the custom grids can featura variables line [Monitor1Width] or [Monitor1Left], and can be expressions. This means you can create your own and share it!
* MultiMonitor support. The default grids will now work on multimonitor configurations, displaying the same grid on every monitor. It's also possible to create custom grids with variables like [Monitor2Width] or [Monitor3Top].
* New about box.
The dynamic grids can be created line the earlier ones, on one .grid file.
Click here for more on how to make custom gridsVariables must be enclosed in rectangular brackets.
Parentesis cam be used.
Monitor1Top represents the top of the work area of the first monitor.
MonitorReal1Top represents the top of the first monitor.
Notice that if, for example, the monitor is at the top of the screen, Monitor1Top will be 30, while MonitorReal1Top will be 0.
The variables available are top,left,right,bottom,width and height, for all screens from one to three.

The following will create a trigger that goes from the left of the work area to 1/3rd of the work area, which will make the window take the whole work area when activated.

--- ---1TriggerTop    =[Monitor1Top]
1TriggerBottom=[Monitor1Bottom]
1TriggerLeft    =[Monitor1Left]
1TriggerRight  =[Monitor1Left] + ([Monitor1Width] / 3)

1GridTop=[Monitor1Top]
1GridBottom=[Monitor1Bottom]
1GridLeft=[Monitor1Left]
1GridRight=[Monitor1Right]
The following code will create a trigger that goes from the half of the second monitor to it's right, and that when activated will expand the window so that it takes the whole screen. (even if there is a taskbar there).

--- ---1TriggerTop    =[Monitor2Top]
1TriggerBottom=[Monitor2Bottom]
1TriggerLeft    =[Monitor2Left] + ([Monitor2Width] /2]
1TriggerRight  =[Monitor2Right]

1GridTop=[MonitorReal2Top]
1GridBottom=[MonitorReal2Bottom]
1GridLeft=[MonitorReal2Left]
1GridRight=[MonitorReal2Right]
To test any of those, just copy the code, open notepad, write

--- ---[Groups]
NumberOfGroups = 1paste the code you'd like to try, save it as test.grid, run GridMove and go to the templates menu, select "browse" and open the file you created.

There's no problem in using a grid that was configured to work on several screens in one only screen, as the non-existent elements will be ignored.

I hope you like this new version, here's the links:
.exe version
.zip version (the .ahk version is now a .zip version as it includes several .ahk files and image files, all included in the .exe version)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version