ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it

<< < (25/146) > >>

jgpaiva:
Agreed. This can be done. I can't work on it right now, but i'm sure it won't be a problem. (thanks for inventing a name, that's very important as i have dificulty with coming up with that kind of stuff.  :Thmbsup:)
I'm also thinking that the grid that restores, instead of having a number, could have "restore" inside. Same thing applies to the "special" grid that would be dynamic, depending on the app. (BTW, could you come up with a name for that one? :P )

nudone:
i have another request - though this one might be straying away from what 'gridmove' is for...

could we have a trigger zone for making a window 'stay on top', i.e. move it to the zone to make it stay on top - move back onto the zone to make it no longer stay on top.

i know there are plenty of little utils that will do this sort of thing already but i've always ended up removing the ones i've tried - i don't like the idea of adding extra buttons to title bars or selecting from menus. instead, i think a 'drop/trigger' zone would be a nice way of implementing a 'stay on top' feature. preferably a zone at the top of the screen. hopefully this can just be done when you implement the ability to run an .ahk script instead of moving/resizing a window.

nudone:
oh dear, found a slight bug with the 'edge trigger' method i've been favouring - i have the depressing feeling that it's something that can't be rectified either.

as i've mentioned before, i have the taskbar at the top of the screen and set to autohide. windows has a built in capability that allows you to drag files onto the taskbar - drag onto a 'program button' on the taskbar and pause and the associated program will come into focus - drag onto a 'blank' are of the taskbar and all running program minimise to allow the desktop to be seen.

unfortunately this inbuilt windows capability stops working when 'gridmove' is working in 'edge trigger' mode. disabling the 'edge trigger' allows things to work normally.

boo hoo.

looks like i'll have to forget about the 'edge trigger' method - unless there's a way to solve the problem, jgpaiva.

maybe there could be a toggle key to turn the 'edge trigger' off - can't say that's a brilliant idea but i'm guessing that trying to make the 'edge trigger' method work with the windows taskbar in the way that i've described might be too much of a headache for you.

i think it's time for me to get to like the 'titlebar' drag method.

thanks again, jgpaiva - fingers crossed that you might have an idea about it.

jgpaiva:
Nudone:
When i read your posts i thought "well... i don't think i have solutoin for that".
But when i tested it, i couldn't understand what you mean. The edge trigger method only works when the title bar of a window is dragged, which means that when dragging a file from within a window to the edge og the screen, it shouldn't be activated. Is this happening to you?

mouser:
i use titlebar method with gridmove currently and not edge dragging since it seems more stable..
i do think that a hotkey based approach might be fasted though.. select a window, hit hotkey - zone labels show up on screen, hit # key associated with the zone to move it to and it's done.  wouldn't this be the fastest way to use it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version