ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it

<< < (9/146) > >>

jgpaiva:
Hum.. I can see your idea. But i dislike the delay, as it takes some time. (Can, and i think will, be implemented, though)

Ok.. I have yet another version for you to test. In my opinion, this is the best one so far.

I've realized that when someone uses the midle mouse button, it's only for one click, not for click and drag. So, i made one version that on click with that button, sends a click, and on drag, moves the window.
This might have conflicts with other programs that need to have the dragging with that button, though, so, i can easily make it be configurable (like using mouse-button4 or 5 instead).

GridMove Alfa3 (it's similar to the other one, but has the feature on the mouse middle button)

nudone:
i still like the 'click again' with left mouse button to resize window when it falls within a 'resize zone' - it just felt so precise they way it worked.

the 3rd mouse drag does indeed conflict with certain programs - i think maya and 3d max are two i know of - but as you say, if you allow it to be user definable then problem solved - i'd still like to see the 3rd mouse window edge drag thing working too.

if you can implement all the methods that have been described so far but allow them to be turned on and off by the user then everyone will be happy - it's going to be one hell of a super mouse app. i can see cody dancing up and down on that keyboard with glee already  :D (okay, so it's in my minds eye and not on the forum page.)

nudone:
here's the little app i was trying to remember earlier on...

HandyThing: http://www.starfishbay.com/handything/basics.shtml

it doesn't really compare with gridmove. i just thought i'd include it here as another example.

jgpaiva:
Ok... I think i've got to a final conclusion about the right interface.
I fixed the drag+right click interface, and it looks like the best one so far (the drag,release,left-click is a bit uncertain, sometimes, it can not do anything).

I also added a gui, that appears 1second and a half (in the next versions, it'll be costumizable), and has information on where the groups are.

The middle-button drag + right-click interface is also enhanced, it looks really good now. (try it, i'm sure you'll love it ;) ).

I also have been testing with overlapping groups, and it works great, and has a fantastic effect.

I've had another idea (which i think is similar to your original idea):
Instead of having only areas, we could make each of the areas have a specific "trigger area", which might (or might not, depending on how the user wants it) be different from the area itself. The big advantage of it would be that the program might actually work only by dragging, and if the mouse was in a trigger zone, the window would be resized to fit the corresponding area.

(now that i think about it... this was exactly your first idea wasn't it? i'm sorry, i think i only understood it now)

GridMove Beta1

nudone:
I've had another idea (which i think is similar to your original idea):
Instead of having only areas, we could make each of the areas have a specific "trigger area", which might (or might not, depending on how the user wants it) be different from the area itself. The big advantage of it would be that the program might actually work only by dragging, and if the mouse was in a trigger zone, the window would be resized to fit the corresponding area.

(now that i think about it... this was exactly your first idea wasn't it? i'm sorry, i think i only understood it now)

GridMove Beta1
-jgpaiva (May 31, 2006, 01:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

er, yes, that was the original idea but i'm glad that you came around to it in the end  :D better late than never as they say (they do in the UK anyway).

i shall now download the new beta1 version and let you know what happens...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version