ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it

<< < (5/146) > >>

nudone:
my initial thoughts on 'gridmove' are that it work very well - the 'click again' to resize the window is a clever idea and it is simple enough for it to be 'painless' to do.

i wouldn't really go for the 'hit space bar' to resize as was trying to stay away from using the keyboard completely - maybe i'm the only person like this but sometimes i really find moving my left arm a real chore just to press one key for something.

but, of course, it would be great to offer keyboard functions within the program that could be enabled or disabled by the user.

the only problem i see at the moment with the 'click again' to resize function is that an accidental 'click again' would be easy to do. i did it a couple of times whilst testing so maybe it would be nice to offer the user how they would like the 'trigger' to work, i.e. they could have a 'second left click' or a 'single right click' or a 'hit space bar' or whatever to initiate the auto resize process.

great work so far, jgpaiva - i think you are heading in the right direction with the 'click again' feature - or something equally unobtrusive.

more on the 'click again' feature:
i've just tried it a few more times and it appears to me that the problem with all the solutions that have been offered so far all suffer from the same problem, i.e ZONES.

because the trigger zones are so large it's easy to trigger them off even though you may only be moving a window to a different location on the screen without wanting it to auto resize. gridvista, zonesize and now gridmove have all resized a window when i didn't really want it to.

maybe the 'right click' method would help resolve this with gridmove but i'm wondering would things become confused if you were to move a window then right click to open the context menu and then the auto resize would be triggered by accident - all because the window falls within one of the large trigger zones.

jgpaiva:
Ok... You gave me a good idea, that i think might be the perfect solution.
Drag the window, release it, then do right click. (note you have to release it before clicking)

I think this might be the best solution (i also am not much for the spacebar solution, because it needs the other hand).
Here's the link: GridMove alfa2

nudone:
i don't seem to be able to download the new 'alfa2' version????

jgpaiva:
Good thing you can't, I've changed it.
Now, it's drag + left click. It seems to be working fairly well, actually.
I've also limited this to the caption (actually, to the 25 topmost pixels of the window). So, the second click has to be done in that area.

GridMove Alfa2

nudone:
i like the way the latest version is going but there still is the problem of accidental clicks...

the scenario is like this: you move the window within a trigger zone, then you decide to move it a little bit but 'gridmove' thinks you want to auto resize the window (again).

can we have a more intelligent mechanism for detecting the 'trigger' click - maybe a longer duration that the left mouse button has to be held down or something like that without it moving at the same time.

i've also noticed a side effect where the window can be dragged even when the cursor is not over the title bar - this has been done in other programs several times before but maybe it would be nice to incorporate it into gridmove - only if it's a simple thing to do and it didn't create further problems - maybe it could work if both mouse buttons were held down at the same time?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version