ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it

<< < (129/146) > >>

nudone:
Okay, thanks jgpaiva (wasn't sure if you were still regularly around).

i'm sure there will be an autohotkey script that already does this so i'll have a search for it - i was just trying to avoid re-inventing the wheel if GridMove did it already.

jgpaiva:
Okay, thanks jgpaiva (wasn't sure if you were still regularly around).
-nudone (September 01, 2010, 04:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
Unfortunatelly, I'm not, but I still follow this thread, trying to help with that I can :)

i'm sure there will be an autohotkey script that already does this so i'll have a search for it - i was just trying to avoid re-inventing the wheel if GridMove did it already.
-nudone (September 01, 2010, 04:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
It shouldn't be hard to find a ahk script that centers a window, it's really simple. If you can't find one, I'm sure someone in the coding snacks area could do one easily ;)
Also, if you know how to use the "Run" grid element, you can call the ahk script directly from gridmove ;)

nudone:
Also, if you know how to use the "Run" grid element, you can call the ahk script directly from gridmove
-jgpaiva (September 01, 2010, 04:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

oh, that's interesting. i didn't know that. that's a good idea then - i'll look into that.

I've not used GridMove for a long time so i've lost track of what's happening - BUT, i've discovered it's the absolute ESSENTIAL tool for using with my 4 monitors...

...I wanted a tool that would let me hit a hotkey and then move a window to a specific monitor. there are "professional" programs out there (not free, and i'm using them) for multi-monitor setups yet they can't send a window to a specific monitor - they simply let you cycle through available monitors until you get the window moved to the monitor you wanted it on, i.e. window is on monitor 1, you want it on monitor 4 - that requires 3 hits of the hotkey to make it happen - the window jumping to window 2, then 3 and then 4. so, very annoying.

GridMove lets me put the window to the monitor (or grid) that i want - with one hotkey hit that relates to that specific grid/monitor zone (using an ahk script).

but, of course, GridMove lets me set up unique zones on each monitor so I've got hotkeys for some of those too.

it would have been nice if the window didn't have to be resized in the process of moving to a secondary monitor - but i can live without that.

tomos:
e.g. there are times when i just want to center a window on my main screen - but the size is perfectly adequate so doesn't need fitting to a grid.
-nudone (September 01, 2010, 03:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

have you looked at MilesAhead's TicTac ?

No, it doesn't play the game. It just positions the active window to a section that would correspond to a tic tac toe position.  The positions visually correspond to the NumPad number keys.  3 is Bottom Right, 8 is Center Top etc..
-MilesAhead (July 30, 2010, 03:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

AFAIK it doesnt support multi-monitor but he might be able to help all the same

[edit] although upon reflection I think it's pretty different and might not be any help - sorry! [/edit]

nudone:
thanks, tomos - and MilesAhead.

TicTac may be enough - i only really need the main monitor support... i think. i'll try it out for a few days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version