ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it

<< < (126/146) > >>

krusader23:
Hi,
the 1.19.62 latest version doesn't work for me:
- the program installs normally, but after this the welcome window (with two bars) hangs and I have to kill the window process using the taskmanager
- the GridMove icon is present in the taskbar however you can't click on it in any way (the menu doesn't appear)
- I've also tried to move the windows to the edges of the screen and no grid appears
- furthermore, the WIN+G screen also doesn't work (it opens firefox - the default browser)
Fortunately helloall posted the portable version of the software, which (except that the WIN+G key still opens firefox) works great ;)
I've tried running GridMove on my two PC's (Windows XP SP3 and Windows XP Tablet Edition 2005) and it doesn't work on both.
I think it probably has to do sth with the current version. I would suggest adding some older versions of the software in the download section on the program's site, so if sth doesn't work, you could always test the older version (I've looked for the older version, but apparently all the external download sites redirect direclty (;) ) to jgpaiva site.

Regards

helloall:
Have you tried to delete the settings in your user folder?

The normal version of Gridmove stores the settings in a folder like this by default:

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\DonationCoder
(Path can differ based on your OS. Mine is Win7)

Try to delete that "DonationCoder" folder and then try a fresh install of the normal GridMove version.

DonĀ“t know if it helps since you tried it on two computers, but you can still try...

krusader23:
Yes, I've tried it, when I delete the file nothing changes. If you run the program after deleting, the welcome bar appears again and the program hangs. When you run the program again, the taskbar icon is present, but you can't click on in in any way. (after the deletion of the DonationCoder folder GridMove behaves as if it was a fresh install).

Halbyrd:
Great program; it's saved me tons of hassle. One weird issue I'm running into lately though:

I run a dual widescreen setup, and have made a custom grid to suit my idiosyncratic needs. Problem is, GridMove is putting the grids for monitor 1 on monitor 2 and vice versa. I've checked and double-checked my settings; the monitors are identifying themselves correctly in the video card drivers, and Windows has them properly assigned. Is there any other reason why it would behave like this?

System details follow:
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit
AMD Phenom II X4 910
4GB RAM
NVidia GeForce GTX 465, Forceware 258.96

geraldzjh:
Hi all, new guys for this forum.
The application Gridmove is great!
Just one problem regarding this application. I don't know anyone here can answer it.
When I use the fuction of "Always on top", It works all right. But I want to know how I can restore it to normal, I mean how can I restore the function so that the window will NOT stay on top any more?
It seems the windows will stay on top forever and cannot restore to normal...unless I close it and re-open it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version