ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it

<< < (123/146) > >>

jgpaiva:
Hi Rachel,

Sorry that's happening. There should be no problem in windows XP, I think. Could you try pressing windows key and 'g' at the same time to see if the grid comes up?

rachelm920:
Hi Rachel,

Sorry that's happening. There should be no problem in windows XP, I think. Could you try pressing windows key and 'g' at the same time to see if the grid comes up?

-jgpaiva (March 11, 2010, 02:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
I do see the grid when I hit the Windows key and G, but when I drag a window into it, it doesn't do anything. Then the grid goes away after about 30 seconds. Isn't it supposed to automatically make it the size of the grid? I'm trying the 2 part vertical template.

jgpaiva:
If the grid comes up when you press win+g, then it should be working. When you press win+g, you can move a window by typing the number of the grid you want the window to move to.
As for the grid not appearing then you drag... Could you try dragging the window close to the left icon, or trying dragging it with the middle mouse button?

helloall:
Hello all :)

today i found out about GridMove. Such an awesome tool! Far better than all other similar tools i´ve tested. I´ll definitly give it a try in my all day use starting tomorrow...

I ran into a small "bug" (Using Windows 7):

When you grab the TitleBar a bit lower, the edge detection does not get fired? I noticed that this happens quite often for me. It´s definitly not an random issue, it´s fully reproducible. (see video)
(I even disabled the automatic built-in Windows-Snapping of Windows 7 (Aero Snap) to be sure that it´s not a conflict between both functions. So the video was taken with Aero Snap disabled)

I made a Screencast of the problem (.mov H264):
http://www.file-upload.net/download-2379643/gridmove_grab_window_too_low.mov.html

Thanks for any reply. If you need the video in some other format to play it, just tell me.

Greetings and many thanks again! :)

jgpaiva:
Hi!

I can see what you mean.
GridMove was originally designed for win XP, and apparently windows 7 behaves a bit differently from xp with the title bar height.
When I have some time, I'll look into it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version