ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it

<< < (120/146) > >>

SweVictor:
My guess is that it is due to UAC (User Access Control) in Win Vista and Win 7. If you have problems i suggest right-clicking and choose "Run as administrator" when you want to make any changes. This means that the program will have access to write to files in different directories. If the ini is really located in the documents and settings path it _should_ work anyway though...

Give it a go anyway! (Since i dont have the problem I might be far off though ;)  )
/Victor

TheSunbird:
Could any of you try to find if there's a gridmove.exe.ini file in c:/documents and settings/<your username>/application data/donationcoder/gridmove ?
-jgpaiva (January 12, 2010, 02:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

The following path missing at all: "donationcoder/gridmove"
I searched my computer for "gridmove.exe.ini" and didn't get any results.

Hope, this information could help you.
By further questions I try to provide you help - if I can do so!  ;)

My guess is that it is due to UAC (User Access Control) in Win Vista and Win 7.
-SweVictor (January 12, 2010, 03:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
As mentioned above, i have WinXP SP3 - so no UAC.  8)

jgpaiva:
SweVictor: GridMove should work with UAC ON, I'm all for it, and really want it to work like that. I'll have to give it a better look.

TheSunbird: are you running on a guest account?

jgpaiva:
Ok guys, I figured it out.. Should come up with a solution real soon.
Meanwhile, to solve it, you only need to create the folder I mentioned (c:/documents and settings/<your username>/application data/donationcoder/gridmove) and GridMove should work.

[edit] actualy, you only need to create the c:/documents and settings/<your username>/application data/donationcoder/ folder, apparently gridmove isn't creating that specific folder. [/edit]

filpee:
Ok guys, I figured it out.. Should come up with a solution real soon.
Meanwhile, to solve it, you only need to create the folder I mentioned (c:/documents and settings/<your username>/application data/donationcoder/gridmove) and GridMove should work.

[edit] actualy, you only need to create the c:/documents and settings/<your username>/application data/donationcoder/ folder, apparently gridmove isn't creating that specific folder. [/edit]
-jgpaiva (January 12, 2010, 04:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

In windows 7 on my laptop this folder is actually at "C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\donationcoder\gridmove".
Thanks for the quick reply jgpaiva this has fixed the issue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version