ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it

<< < (114/146) > >>

Gordhan:
Ah okay--simple workaround--just placed a shortcut to the plugin in the Quick Launch Toolbar. So now, I can exchange windows in 2 clicks  :Thmbsup: This will do till you make that new version of GridMove  :D

jgpaiva:
Oh, I didn't understand your problem the first time..
Actually, GridMove already had that 'reload on resolution change' mode, but unfortunately, it kept reloading without changes in the resolution, it became more annoying than useful!

Good solution, Gordhan ;)

Sorry, got confused!

Gordhan:
Hi Joao,
I don't know what 'reload on resolution change' means  :huh:. What I want is actually very simple. Imagine that my desktop is set up for a Gridmove template of 2-part vertical. I have one window occupying left part A and one window occupying the right part, B. Now when I drag, say, the window from part A to the space occupied by part B, by dragging on its title bar and dropping, I would like the window in part B--instead of being covered up by the incoming window-- to automatically switch to and occupy Part A. It's basically just exchanging window positions in one move. Is it possible to create this option? The plugin isn't really a good solution I'm afraid :-(
Gordhan

jgpaiva:
Oh Gordhan.. I misread what you said, got confused with cavie's post!

Yes, I understand what you mean, but unfortunately I don't have time to implement it..
The way I meant for you to use the plugin was to call it from a grid element..

Try placing the executable in the plugins folder, then using the grid I attached to this post.
(just place it in the grids/ folder and select it from the menu ;) ).

This grid will allow you to place windows vertically, and using the 2 grid elements on the top, you can swap windows. It still needs one extra click, but I guess it should be a bit better :)

Gordhan:
João

That's better for sure!! Thanks a ton for your time and trouble!!  :Thmbsup: :)

Gordhan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version