ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it

<< < (142/146) > >>

AxCrusik:
Hey jgpaiva, I've been using Gridmove for years and love it. I just upgraded to Windows 10 and unfortunately, when I use Gridmove, it snaps the windows into different quadrants/sections of the screen as before but now it leaves a large gap between them (like a couple mm).
I was wondering if there was a way to fix this in the settings (so the windows touch each other instead of leaving the gap) or if you would consider creating a Windows 10 optimized version of Gridmove in the future?
Thanks!

jgpaiva:
Hi AxCrusik,

I still haven't upgraded my home computer to windows 10, so I'm sorry I cannot reproduce that problem. Still, wouldn't it be a solution to build grids that slightly overlap as a workaround for that problem?

mbroskamp:
Hi jgpaiva, I just wanted to confirm that I was able to reproduce the issue AxCrusik mention in his post.

Below is a screenshot to illustrate, note the black border between windows:
http://imgur.com/KwxEuvh

Ath:
Windows 10 seems to have a transparant border around all windows, recognizable when hovering the mouse across a border: the size-cursor shows when the mouse is already outside the window! I assume/suspect that this translates into a black border when inside a grid.
Have you tried to add the negative offset/overlap in grid coordinates, as suggested earlier?

michaewlewis:
Hello. I started using Eizo Screenslicer a few months ago to create virtual screen partitions on my 4k tv/monitor, but found that it was pretty limited for custom grids and didn't work with admin windows. I did some more searching and found grid move and am pretty impressed. The only problem I have is the method of moving screens to a grid. Setting it to "Use Drag Window To Edge method" is workable except, with a 4k screen, it's a long distance to the edge from some locations of the screen, and then you have to wait for it to recognize that you're at the edge. The "Use Draw With Middle Button method" doesn't work for me because I have several programs which use the middle click for 3d rotation (Google Earth, Vizio, and others).
I would like to suggest that there be a "Shift-Click" option, like Eizo uses, where you hold the shift button on the keyboard and then drag the window to the desired grid.
Thanks for the consideration and good job on the software. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version