ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it

<< < (116/146) > >>

jgpaiva:
Hi

I have just started using gridmove on windows 7, I actually started using it so I could keep the right side of my 2nd monitor free for my gadgets ala vista sidebar style, which it works well for.  On using it more I actually much prefer it to the built in windows 7 aero snap, namely because it has proper multimonitor support and I can arrange windows side by side on a single monitor without using the keyboard.

The only thing missing from this program IMO is the undocking functionality windows 7 has in its own aero snap. Namely if I dock a window to the side with aero snap as soon as I undock it returns to its former size. With gridmove it stays the same size so I have to manually resize.

Is there any chance this functionality could be added? It would make this a really perfect little app if it could be done

Here's Hoping  :)
-andonevris (November 16, 2009, 01:53 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hi andonevris!

Yes, I can relate to your problem, I think aero snap is really neatly implemented, but it's part of the Operating System. It'd be much more difficult for GridMove to do the same, and I currently really have no way of implementing it in a reasonable time.

I'm not sure how much of GridMove you can use, but if you can edit the grid, you can edit a "Restore" grid element with the size of the whole screen. It doesn't get you the same behavior as aero snap, but it can be seen as a workaround, I think.

Here's the element you should add: (notice: replace '4' with the number of the last grid element + 1, and don't forget to add one to the numberofgroups parameter!)

--- ---[4]

TriggerTop   = [Monitor1Top]
  TriggerLeft  = [Monitor1Left]
  TriggerBottom= [Monitor1Bottom]
  TriggerRight = [Monitor1Right]

GridTop   = Restore
  GridLeft  = Restore
  GridBottom= Restore
  GridRight = Restore

andonevris:
Wow thanks for such a quick reply!

I see what you're saying regarding aero snap being part of the OS.

I've only just started playing with grids and wasn't aware there even was a restore grid element.  I'll give your solution a go

All the best

:up:

empyrean:
Thanks for a very nice app.  From time to time the grid appears when I'm not expecting (and don't want) it.  I'm not sure what I'm doing to cause his (I'm always surprised when it happens).  I think I'm just moving the mouse with no buttons or keys pressed.  I unchecked Fast Move, but that didn't help.  Sometimes typing ESC cancels the grid; sometimes I have to find Undo in the grid and click that.  I'm using the 2 Part-Vertical template on Vista with two monitors.  Is there a way to prevent this from happening.  First six options checked; also Use Command.  V1.19.59.

jgpaiva:
Now that's surprising, empyrean. Are you sure you were not dragging a window to the edge of the screen or didn't click middle mouse button?
Those are other ways of activating the grid.

empyrean:
Thanks.  No, not dragging.  Just moving the mouse (perhaps quickly).  Nothing pressed.  I have a Logitech VX Revolution wireless mouse with two main buttons, a scroll wheel and some auxiliary buttons (all mapped to defaults); no middle button.  There's also a Synaptics pointing device (laptop), but I cover that up.

I can't reproduce the problem at will; it just happens when I'm not expecting it.

If you can't think of a feature that might cause this, maybe it's my mouse.  Sometimes it loses its place when I'm selecting text, so maybe the wireless is sending bogus signals occasionally.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version