ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it

<< < (115/146) > >>

jgpaiva:
João

That's better for sure!! Thanks a ton for your time and trouble!!  :Thmbsup: :)

Gordhan
-Gordhan (July 19, 2009, 12:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
Glad to know that! ;)

ZippyDan:
hi!  i joined this forum just to ask you to please please please make gridmove compatible with Windows 7!

with gridmove running, i don't actually see anything on the desktop :-(

jgpaiva:
Hi ZippyDan.

I haven't tried gridmove under windows 7, but it should work as it does with Vista..
I'll give it a go to see how it behaves with me.

ZippyDan:
muito obrigado

edit: btw i did try to run it in Windows XP compatibility mode and as Administrator with no success

edit2: ok, actually it does work, at least somewhat.  i'm not sure how it is supposed to work.  if i hold a window at the edge of the screen for about 4 seconds, a yellow grid will appear with yellow numbers everywhere.  i can then move the window around the grid, but i can't figure out any relationship between the grid lines, numbers, and the resulting position of the window.  perhaps i should rtfm :-)

andonevris:
Hi

I have just started using gridmove on windows 7, I actually started using it so I could keep the right side of my 2nd monitor free for my gadgets ala vista sidebar style, which it works well for.  On using it more I actually much prefer it to the built in windows 7 aero snap, namely because it has proper multimonitor support and I can arrange windows side by side on a single monitor without using the keyboard.

The only thing missing from this program IMO is the undocking functionality windows 7 has in its own aero snap. Namely if I dock a window to the side with aero snap as soon as I undock it returns to its former size. With gridmove it stays the same size so I have to manually resize.

Is there any chance this functionality could be added? It would make this a really perfect little app if it could be done

Here's Hoping  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version