ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it

<< < (111/146) > >>

jgpaiva:
Tomos and cmpm: I suppose there was some other application using win+#, and gridmove was not able to capture the hotkeys..
-jgpaiva (March 09, 2009, 02:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Gordhan:
Hi,

I've been using GridMove for a few days and like it a lot! Thanks for making such a useful program free  :)
I have one observation...I'd like to see a mode whereby I drag a window into a grid space already occupied by another window, and the window below automatically occupies the grid space left by the moved window. In effect, swapping windows with one move. Would that be possible? Sorry if it already is--I can't seem to find it.

Best
Gordhan

jgpaiva:
Hi Gordhan!

If I recall correctly, there's a GridMove plugin to do just that. Even though it doesn't work exactly as you are asking, I think it might serve you well.
I thought this was included in the default GridMove package, but apparently it is not.
Unfortunatelly, my laptop's hdd has died recently, and I have only the backups of GridMove's stuff at my parents'. I'll see if I can find that plugin ;)

Gordhan:
Thanks and I look forward to trying that out jgpaiva!  :Thmbsup:

Korbi:
Hi!
I am new to the forum but not new to gridmove. I ve been using it for more than 1 year now. Thanks for this great app!!!
But now I got a tablet-pc and there seem to be some problems with gridmove. I simple cant get gridmove to work, when i am using the pen as an input device. Since I am running windows 7, there is allready aerosnap implemented, so "dragging to the edge" doesnt work. But when I click a window in the title area to resize it, nothing happens. (using a mouse it works, but the grid "flickers".)

There are basically 3 possible error-sources:
a) I am running windows 7
b) My screen is rotateable, so the resolution changes, while gridmove runs
c) The pen

I hope someone can help me solving the problem. (Actually if AeroSnap would be a little more configurable that would work too)

Greetz

Korbi

EDIT: I just figured out how to disable the snap feature on win7, but it didnt amke much of a change: pen still isnt working (even with the move to edge methode. so i figure gridmove doesnt recognise the pen as a mouse or something like that...)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version