ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it

<< < (11/146) > >>

nudone:
 ;D fantastic.

i dowloaded the latest version of autohotkey and now the beta1 version appears to be working.

your little test 'nudonetest.ahk' worked perfectly too before i updated autohotkey.

it looks like you can continue to the next beta version - great job that you figured out that there couldn't be anything wrong with the script so it had to be autohotkey itself.

as for how it works - i wasn't expecting a right click would be necessary to confirm the resize but i'm getting used to it.

so far the method of dragging the title bar and then pausing with the left mouse button down seems like the nicer idea - could this not be made a little more automatic so once the transparent grid appears all you need to do is keep dragging the title bar onto the 'grid zone' you want to resize into - AND then release the left mouse button, i.e. no right clicking or 3rd button clicking.

i can see that the method i've described might cause a problem if you decide that you don't actually want to resize to a grid zone (if you change your mind or have accidently held the left mouse button down on the stationary title bar for too long) - but maybe it would be good to have a 'right' mouse click act at the 'cancel' operation.

i'm just trying to suggest ways of keeping 'gridmove' a 'flowing' type of interface - left clicks always feel more natural and the less clicks there are the more refined the program will feel.

great work again, jgpaiva.

can we have the grid a bit more transparent in the next version, please.  :D

jgpaiva:
Great to know it's now fixed!

so far the method of dragging the title bar and then pausing with the left mouse button down seems like the nicer idea - could this not be made a little more automatic so once the transparent grid appears all you need to do is keep dragging the title bar onto the 'grid zone' you want to resize into - AND then release the left mouse button, i.e. no right clicking or 3rd button clicking.

i can see that the method i've described might cause a problem if you decide that you don't actually want to resize to a grid zone (if you change your mind or have accidently held the left mouse button down on the stationary title bar for too long) - but maybe it would be good to have a 'right' mouse click act at the 'cancel' operation.
-nudone (June 01, 2006, 10:06 AM)
--- End quote ---
I fully agree with you, and i think this can be done.

can we have the grid a bit more transparent in the next version, please.  :D
-nudone (June 01, 2006, 10:06 AM)
--- End quote ---
The first one was already supposed to be fully transparent, but for some reason, it only worked right in my computer. I have already fixed this, i'll post the fixed version soon.

Just another comment on the 3rd button drag. I think it's not quite clear how it works, but i'll try to explain it a bit better. It's press+hold 3rd button, click rbutton for the grid to appear, and then, drag, and release the 3rd button to adjust to the grid.
For me, this is the best way to use this program, much handier than moving the title bar, i think.

nudone:
Just another comment on the 3rd button drag. I think it's not quite clear how it works, but i'll try to explain it a bit better. It's press+hold 3rd button, click rbutton for the grid to appear, and then, drag, and release the 3rd button to adjust to the grid.
For me, this is the best way to use this program, much handier than moving the title bar, i think.
--- End quote ---

yes, i understand - it's just something i need to use for a bit then it will feel natural using the 3rd and right mouse buttons in that way.

or...

if you can still provide the various options that have been tried so far (well, i suppose not all of them - what do you think) then the user will be free to choose the method that best suits there style of moving around in the operating system.

being able to drag a window using the just the 3rd mouse button is a cool idea - and i'd be content for it to work by having to click a window border to make the drag work - so it didn't interfere with other programs that use the 3rd mouse button.

anyway, i guess it's still early days yet - user configs are the least important thing at the moment.

jgpaiva:
Good news!
GridMove Beta2 is out!

This one is a major update.
At the beggining of the file, there's an option to use or not the 3rd button drag, which now uses exclusively the 3rd button. You only have to press and hold the 3rd button, and drag the window. If you only click the button, it'll behave just as a normal 3rd button click.

I still didn't implement the edge drag, though.

I've also implemented the trigger method. Now, for each group, there's a "trigger" and a "grid" group. The "trigger" group, represents the area where the group is activated, and the "grid" group represents the area where the window will be moved.

Also, while dragging a window with the middle mouse button, if you hover over a trigger area, the corresponding grid area is hilighted.

Another important adition is that if you drag a window (with the left button), and drop it before the timer ends, it behaves normally. If you drop it after the grid appears, it'll resize to the grid.
In the first case, the right-click would make the window resize to the grid. On the second case, it cancels the resizing.

So.. Let's see some opinions ;)

[edit] I also made it be auto-configurable, with the grid i use. It'll automatically create one, for your screensize. Most probably, it won't be exactlly what you want, but you can change it any way you like (just like with the older versions). Also notice that the groups definitions are now located at the end of the file. [/edit]

nudone:
sounds great - going to download and try right away...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version