ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it

<< < (45/146) > >>

Deozaan:
GridMove is only supposed to work with the left mouse button if you click on the part of the title bar that actually has the title of the application, correct? When I click more to the right where there are no words, the grids do not appear. I believe this is normal functionality.

When I click somewhere on the title bar that has no text, and I drag it as straight as possible to the left, to where there was originally the title bar text, the grids will appear. This is easiest seen if you disable "show window contents while dragging" in Windows so that you can see the original position of the title before you started dragging it.

Does that make more sense?

wcyee:
Unfortunately, GridMove doesn't work well with my virtual desktop maanger - VirtuaWin: http://virtuawin.sourceforge.net

When I switch desktops, GirdMove automatically shows all the hidden windows and snaps them to place. Is there any way to work around this?

mmdoogie:
I have noticed a tiny bug in this absolutely awesome utility...
I don't know if anyone else has seen this or if its just something odd about how my system is.

If I go to the top left corner of my desktop, with no window there,
then drag on the desktop, the grids will appear like I am dragging a window.
This only happens in about the top 100x25 pixels, just like there is a title bar there.

If I then drop into one of the grids, a titlebar will flash up for a very short time, like a program is being sized to fit the grid, then go away.
The title bar is for the Program Manager.

I believe this has something to do with the way AHK treats Program Manager as a window
for some functions to get the size of the desktop and a few other things.

I modified the GridMoveP1.ahk script, in the MousePosition sub, on the line beginning AND WinTitle != "",
to also include AND WinTitle != "Program Manager" which cures this little problem.

I've had this mod in place for a bit now and it doesn't seem to hurt anything.

Thanks for the awesome util,
--mrm

jgpaiva:
GridMove is only supposed to work with the left mouse button if you click on the part of the title bar that actually has the title of the application, correct? When I click more to the right where there are no words, the grids do not appear. I believe this is normal functionality.-Deozaan (September 12, 2006, 05:40 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, that's how it's supposed to work.

This is easiest seen if you disable "show window contents while dragging" in Windows so that you can see the original position of the title before you started dragging it.
-Deozaan (September 12, 2006, 05:40 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ok, now i see what you mean. This is a giant bug, i have moved it to the top of the todo list. Should be fixed asap!

jgpaiva:
I don't know if anyone else has seen this or if its just something odd about how my system is.
-mmdoogie (September 14, 2006, 03:39 AM)
--- End quote ---
Damn, a bug report and a solution at the same time!
Ok, should be fixed in the next release!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version