ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it

<< < (28/146) > >>

mouser:
i have to say a huge congratulations is due to jgpaiva for the amazing work he did getting multimonitor stuff to work.
its absolutely flawless on my multimonitor system.

it takes a tiny bit of time to get used to where you have to click near the top left titlebar area of a window, but after you get the feel for it, it comes without thinking.

really great work.

Carol Haynes:
Really brilliant - this project has come such a long way since I last downloaded a copy and had a play. Congratulations on an excellent job.

nudone:
fantastic work there, jgpaiva.

nice features added - i was about to say perfect but i've noticed a bug(?).

when i have left mouse button drag disabled i can't use the edge trigger method either - nothing happens at all. i've tried closing gridmove and reloading and also tried deleting the .ini file but it doesn't appear to make much difference.

i'm thinking that it's time for me to get used to the titlebar drag methods - one thing that might be nice to add to this is with the left button drag, how about having a small area in the right hand side of the title bar that serves the same purpose as the left 'selection' area - just something close to the left of the minimise button. i just feel it would be nicer if this could be done for when you are dragging windows to the right of the screen.

this is a cosmetic suggestion so may be considered of little importance - for the left mbutton drag method - how about having a visual cue for when the mouse cursor is in the 'hot' part of the title bar - just something obvious but small - a red dot next to the cursor or the actual area in the title bar that is 'hot' is overlayed with a coloured rectangle - this would also help in identifying the right hand side selection area in the titlebar that i suggested above.

i've also thought of another idea, and maybe this is going too far again - how about when using the titlebar drag methods, instead of having to drag to a position on your screen, a 'mini' grid appears under the mouse cursor that represents the screen with the gridzones marked on it - then you merely drag over a very short distance (a hundred or so pixels or less) and then release. this idea strikes me as the next logical step for gridmove - dare i say it, but perhaps it should have been how things were done from the start.

i'll shut up before i get carried away.

you can certainly be proud of gridmove - i hate to imagine how much work has gone into it. it certainly has become a util any windows user can take advantage of - that's a great achievement all in itself.

nudone:
i like the win+G method too - just right for the keyboard shortcuts. excellent.

just wondering if it would be possible to use the mouse scroll wheel to select other grid layouts instead of using right mouse click (i think mouser suggested the mouse wheel) - would be kind of nice to be able to scroll up through the list as well as down through the list.

jgpaiva:
Thanks nudone, there really was a bug there. Disabling the lbutton method was disabling the edge drag method.
It's now fixed.

I forgot to mention earlier, now there's also the on top grid element, which makes the windows that are dragged into it be on top, the maximize grid element, which makes the windows dragged into it be maximized, and the restore grid element that restores the window to it's last position and size, before it was snapped. (for those times when you inadvertedly resize a window and then can't get it back to the old size)

The mouse wheel method makes much sense to me, i had already thought about it. The only problem i find is that it can't be used with the mbutton drag method, as the button is pressed. I'll have to think it over.

As for being able to activate the drop zone by dragging in a place close to the right of the title bar, i'll see if that's possible without having it not allowing you from clicking the minimize/maximize/close buttons.

Now, the best part.
I can see what you mean about having the grid close to the mouse pointer, it'd make the program be way faster. And the best part is that i think this can be done. A few days ago, i tried something similar, which had great effects but it also broke half of the code. I'll look into it, and see what i can do.

As for the red dot next to the pointer when the mouse is on the titlebar, i think that's very important, specially for new users, and i'll install that asap.

Thanks!  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version