ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it

<< < (26/146) > >>

jgpaiva:
@Mouser: Working on it ;)
I also am for the titlebar and mbutton method, those are more practical. (i also use a lot the command-line).
Oh, that remembers me, i should be releasing a new version soon. I hope it'll be still today.

mouser:
are you asking for suggestions for a new name or is GridMove the final name?
I was thinking: ScreenZones or ZoneDropper

jgpaiva:
GridMove is a pretty bad name (doesn't make much sense, does it?). I'm with you, the final version should have a decent name, related to what the program actually does. Which means i'm open to suggestions :)

nudone:
my apologies, jgpaiva.

it appears the problem i described about the taskbar not working how it normally can was due to the fact i was using on older version of gridmove. i've since tried it with the latest version and things do appear to work just as they should  :D

i was just using an older version as it just seemed a bit simpler for me to change a few things but i think i've now realised what i needed to do with the latest version to get the same result - i just have to keep deleting the .ini file when i make the changes.

as for the keyboard shortcuts being the quickest way of using gridmove - depends on what you are doing, mouser.

this has been discussed before and it's one of those no real right or wrong answers.

if you are sat there happily working away with your hand(s) at the keyboard then using a key shortcut is going to be quicker than the mouse.

if you are sat at the computer, mouse in one hand, head propped up by your other arm - then having to break away from that position to find the keyboard isn't as fast as just dragging with the mouse. maybe i'm in a minority but i often forget that i have a left hand whilst using the computer - having to press 'alt' or 'ctrl' sometimes just winds me up - other times i have to use both hands (forget about typing), using adobe products would be very tiresome without one hand on the keyboard and the other on the mouse.

it's just whatever feels natural to do at the time - keyboard shortcuts in gridmove would be great and i'm sure i'd use them - sometimes.

my suggested way of using the screen edges as triggers has to be the slowest way of using gridmove - but speed isn't everything - i'd say whatever feels comfortable and intuitive is the more important requirement - heck, sometimes just what looks nice can overrule everything else.

mouser:
i actually agree - im not one for hotkeys most of the time i prefer dragging and dropping.  i just never have good luck with the edge docking effects with my multimonitor setups.  i actually like the titlebar thing.

jgpaiava has got multimon support in the last gridmove really working well - very impressive work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version