topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 7:36 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: REQUEST - Small program to show an image for a few seconds and then terminate  (Read 6494 times)

Wayne Bertram

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I think I posted this now in the wrong place so if this is posted twice I apologise

I have been trying to find a small program to simply display just one image centre screen for x no of seconds - settable if possible even in an ini file or something. Just needs to enter 2 parameters: the time to display and the name of the graphic file. Range is somewhere like 5 - 20 secs secs and then terminate and that's it.

I am in a volunteer organisation that has a PC that starts a program at startup but there is a bit of a delay and some people start clicking on icons. I will just call this from the startup folder to display a message like please wait or whatever graphic I make, and after the main program comes up, the graphic will just close down. I don't care what type of graphic is required but a JPeg would be fine or anything. I'll make the graphic as required.

I can find plenty of code ideas on line but not an actual program to simply do this.
Any help or pointing to something you know will do the trick wil be much appreciated.

Thank you
Wayne

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I have been trying to find a small program to simply display just one image centre screen for x no of seconds - settable if possible even in an ini file or something. Just needs to enter 2 parameters: the time to display and the name of the graphic file. Range is somewhere like 5 - 20 secs secs and then terminate and that's it.

You can use my Frameless program found here: https://www.dcmember.../download/frameless/

You can find the parameters here: https://www.dcmember...frameless/readme.txt

Use the "duration=hh:mm:ss" parameter to accomplish what you want.

Wayne Bertram

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi there

This works perfectly. Thank you very much.

Cheers from Down Under

Wayne

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
This works perfectly. Thank you very much.

Great to hear!  I'm glad it's working as you want.