ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Watch lightning strikes in real-time

<< < (2/3) > >>

techidave:
Glass packs?  I haven't heard that term in a long time.  Also known as Cherry Bombs or Smittys.   :P

MilesAhead:
Glass packs?  I haven't heard that term in a long time.  Also known as Cherry Bombs or Smittys.   :P
-techidave (June 24, 2014, 05:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yup.  I'm showing my age.  I have a feeling I'm going to feel my age soon.  Now I know why vampires don't show a reflection.  They can't stand to be reminded how old they are.  :)  I try to dodge mirrors whenever possible.  :)

MilesAhead:
In South Florida it is so flat that lightning often hits the ground. 
-MilesAhead (June 23, 2014, 04:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's so flat, that when I moved there as a teen, I remember thinking the sky looked weird...dome shaped.
-app103 (June 24, 2014, 01:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

A lot of things are warped in South Florida sad to say.  :)

SeraphimLabs:
--- End quote ---

They still call them that around here. Except around here it is either some whacked out little Asian import with one on it and an obnoxious buzzing noise instead of a proper grumble or somebody's lifted and mud-knobbed swamp truck that you have to wonder how its street legal with 72" tractor tires. Those at least have the proper sound, usually featuring big block V-8 power.

What interests me about this map is how the lightning is detected from such incredible range. I'm rather interested in finding out how the sensors actually work, since they seem to be able to register South Florida lightning from all the way up in New York.

Deozaan:
--- End quote ---

Yup.  I'm showing my age.  I have a feeling I'm going to feel my age soon.-MilesAhead (June 24, 2014, 05:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Am I showing my age when I say I have no idea what either of you are talking about?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version