ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Missing out on the Control Panel Items, Launchy didn't

<< < (2/6) > >>

saurabhdua:
Hello to all again!

To Phitsc::: Typing cpanel, though lists the Control Panel associated options. However,  invoking "View Network Connections" still remain a distant dream.

To AnandCoral:::What you have highlighted depicts "My Network" places, & it cannot be a substitute to list of Network Connections. It is altogether a different option.

To Tomos::: You seem to have approached nearest to my requirement. I wish to understand in detail, how did you accomplish the same!?

However, without any of the complex maneuvers Launchy do invoke the desired screen as it used to form a Core entry within the Start-Menu with the earlier versions of Windows OS. This Win 8 goes bereft of Start Menu, & hence Launch Utilities assumed the need of the hour.

What I really want is that FARR should Index every item listed under Control panel. So suppose, if I need to Update Windows....I should be able to invoke its Screen at the first go, by typing a string::: Win Update. That's My requirement. 

phitsc:
But that is exactly what the cpanel alias does, no?

phitsc:
cpanel Network stuff:

Josh:
saurabhdua: I am the one who created the cpanel alias set. I attempted to incorporate the "God Mode" links, which are essentially direct DLL calls to open specific pages on a given form, but was unsuccessful. I've managed to recreate a few of the links but the problem with the God Mode folder is that the links contained in it are not standard lnk shortcut files. They are special shell calls to specific functions.

That said, I think I can add in your "Network connections" folder link and will publish the file I am working with at home. I had the same requirement and just forgot to give it to mouser to re-package into FARR. I think this will solve what you need.

More to follow when I get home tonight.

tomos:
To Tomos::: You seem to have approached nearest to my requirement. I wish to understand in detail, how did you accomplish the same!?
-saurabhdua (June 25, 2014, 06:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

have a look here if you still want to set those up:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=30726.msg287416#msg287416

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version