ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

CodeSpaces site (company) destroyed

<< < (2/2)

Stoic Joker:
^ from the comments:

DaveSimmonsArs Praefectus
yankinwaoz wrote:
Has AWS responded? For example, when the S3 buckets were deleted. Did AWS offer any sort of recovery? An S3 storage plan can have data migrated to Glacier, which provides a backup. If that was done, wouldn't that imply that AWS would have a backup sitting on a Glacier server of the S3 data?
--- End quote ---

No, It's up to YOU to set up backups, fail safes, Glacier, multi-factor authentication.

Amazon provides a set of tools, it's up to you to use them properly. These people apparently offered a backup and recovery service with a single point of failure, which is not a great design.-tomos (June 19, 2014, 11:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yepper, saw that one earlier. And I think Dave there has a really good point.

wraith808:
Sorry guys I can't really muster up a tear for that one.
-Stoic Joker (June 19, 2014, 11:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Perhaps not... but we can still roast the guy if found.  They made mistakes, and someone took advantage of it.  I still want that person to burn, no matter the mistakes made.

Stoic Joker:
Sorry guys I can't really muster up a tear for that one.
-Stoic Joker (June 19, 2014, 11:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Perhaps not... but we can still roast the guy if found.  They made mistakes, and someone took advantage of it.  I still want that person to burn, no matter the mistakes made.-wraith808 (June 19, 2014, 01:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

*Sigh* Oh... Alright ... But you're buying the marshmallows.

:D

wraith808:
 ;D  :Thmbsup:

They have square ones that are the same size as graham crackers... I wonder if they have them person sized...  :D

phitsc:
WOW!

It's a shame it's the Subversion repositories which are gone instead of the git ones. Git repos, as a matter of fact, are basically their own backup (if you happen to have a local copy). I sincerely hope none of the customers have lost all of their long hard work!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version