ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

"English" <> "German" translations

(1/6) > >>

AbteriX:
Hi community,

most of you may know I am German and English isn't my mother language.

So often I can translate some words one-by-one, but have trouble with grammatic  and special terms and idioms.

I hope some of you can help me with my daily battle by proving corrections and suggestions?

Thanks in advance!  :Thmbsup:

AbteriX:
First question:

after installation of a application,
what is the correct term to bring that app or the plant to work?
(do some settings, enter the license, connect the instrument,... all user related stuff, in contrast to the commonly used main installation )

German term: die "Inbetriebnahme" , die Anwendung "in Betrieb nehmen"
My English: the Commissioning,   do the Application commissioning

Elaborate: after I have installed an application for an measuring system in a labour, I have to do set up the application so the customer can work with it:
- go to the settings, chose one of many possible instruments, set the serial COM-port, maybe tell the customer to connect the device, gas, water, air,...
so the customer can really WORK with the application, instead it is installed only.

I have found "commissioning": e.g. "We were not invited to the commissioning"

and was told it should be "turning to production":
e.g. "After the main installation, go ahead and bring the application into production"

Or can I use "bring the application to work" too?

Thanks in advance.

mouser:
I'm having a little trouble understanding what you are trying to say.. Perhaps you can elaborate, or write the german version and have some of our german speakers give a good translation?

AbteriX:
Thanks for helping.

write the german version -mouser (June 17, 2014, 03:25 AM)
--- End quote ---
Already done in the meantime,  ;)

Perhaps you can elaborate, -mouser (June 17, 2014, 03:25 AM)
--- End quote ---
Done now too.

Deozaan:
I'm having a hard time understanding what you mean even with those changes, but from what I can tell, you're talking about "configuring" the application.

An example sentence could be:

"After the application is installed, make sure to configure it properly."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version