ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Building Another Budget Gaming PC...

<< < (3/4) > >>

MilesOhToole:
There's nothing really "budget" about your build, except to the extent that it doesn't include an SSD -- that's the only thing that many non-budget pcs are shipping with these days.  It's definitely not needed, but the speed improvement would be noticed.  If you got one, you'd want to get one in ADDITION to your 2tb hard drive, not instead of.  Might be something worth considering.

As for keyboard and mouse, I'm a bit fan of wireless mice and I wouldn't let any of the corded mouse lovers on this forum convince you to buy a corded mouse  ;)

Corded keyboard and cordless mouse (with a long-living and easy to change battery) is the way i would go.  Just make sure they have good reviews and you'll be fine.
-mouser (June 17, 2014, 06:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I didn't mention that he had already bought a SSD a while back, in anticipation for the build, so it'll be the boot drive and the HDD will be there for general storage.

A corded keyboard and cordless mouse setup makes sense.  Thanks, mouser!

mouser:
Well then, you can stop calling this a "budget" build -- it's a proper gaming rig.

MilesOhToole:
Well then, you can stop calling this a "budget" build -- it's a proper gaming rig.
-mouser (June 17, 2014, 06:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

You see?  I knew I'd end up embarrassing myself.

wraith808:
-mouser (June 17, 2014, 06:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think the budget part comes in the video card realm.

mouser:
I suppose it would be nice to spend a little more of the budget on the video card..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version