ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Image Manager Shootout

Newbie on the block looks set to rock the world ...

<< < (4/4)

Carol Haynes:
Perry I'm not sure what you are referring to (as the thread has diverged somewhat).

Your link seems to point to software that combines bitmap and pixel in one package - but that really isn't what LitghtRoom is about - it is about a professional workflow solution for RAW file processing and building catalogues of images. (Well at least they are the primary aims but there are others too).

I presume when LightRoom goes to a full release version with will integrate with Adobe Design CS3 products.

elpresi:
Hi Carol,
although not a catalog/organization program,
this is a really interesting jpeg-tiff-raw browser/converter with non-destructive 16bit editing (including vectorial selection and layered tools):
http://www.lightcrafts.com/products/lightzone/

and the linux version is free:
http://sonic.net/~rat/lightcrafts/

Perry Mowbray:
Hi Carol:
Your link seems to point to software that combines bitmap and pixel in one package - but that really isn't what LitghtRoom is about - it is about a professional workflow solution for RAW file processing and building catalogues of images. (Well at least they are the primary aims but there are others too).
-Carol Haynes (August 31, 2006, 09:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ah, probably true. What caught my attention what the similarity of using layers for effects without altering the base image. I should have read further...

- Perry

pao:
FYI:  Lightroom (now Photoshop Lightroom) Beta 4 is released on Mac/Win, with (near) feature parity between the two.  Seems quicker than Beta 3 from my short tests.  Favorite feature added to Windows:  Lights Out.  I'll get the chance to play with it more extensively on Sunday once I've done a new shoot (Petit Le Mans is Saturday!) and might do a preview mini-review since it doesn't look like anyone else has tackled it.

See Carol's original post for the download link.

Carol Haynes:
Yep - I got the email too - and yes it does seem quicker. A major improvement too is that the Windows version is now functionally identical to the Mac version (the previous Win beta was a few steps behind the Mac version).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version