ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Need help confirming IE bug

<< < (2/3) > >>

widgewunner:
Thanks for the feedback guys. I am thinking that maybe this is some sort of I-know-how-to-spell-this-word-better-than-you-and-here-let-me-fix-it-for-you-automatically-and-without-telling-you Windows under-the-covers thing. I tried playing with the various auto-complete features but that didn't help. I know next to zero about all the features of the recent IE versions so this was mystifying to me when I uncovered it last night. I'm still running XP32Pro on my main box and have a lot of catching up to do getting used to the new "streamlined" look and feel of the recent MS products.

When my little app ran fine under IE6 and FF2 I just naturally assumed (whistling in the dark), that it would work ok in the faster, more modern browsers. NOT! (But luckily, this was not the fault of my app, but that of IE - not sure how to deal with a workaround).

Good to know that it happens with IE11 as well - thanks mouser!

BTW - This problem is critical for my app because it takes in a (very precise) regex string such as: "var myre = /regex/i;" and attempts to decode it - and this doesn't work too well when that (very important) lowercase "i" gets changed to uppercase!

Edit 2014-06-16 12pm MDT Turns out I'm running IE 10.0.9200.16921 and not 10.0.17 as originally reported (have corrected the original post, too).

mouser:
I am thinking that maybe this is some sort of I-know-how-to-spell-this-word-better-than-you-and-here-let-me-fix-it-for-you-automatically-and-without-telling-you Windows under-the-covers thing.
--- End quote ---

That was my gut feeling too.. However the fact that it doesn't happen with other lowercase letters i tested, only "i" makes that explanation harder to swallow...

Stoic Joker:
Windows 8.1 x64 and IE11

No compatibility mode: Works fine, but did notice that the i got underlined in red when pasted.
With compatibility mode: As mentioned I gets capitalized.

Might this help any?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ie/hh920763(v=vs.85).aspx

Edit: Oddly enough the i above just got capitalized when I hit post here just now.

Ath:
other lowercase letters i tested,
-mouser (June 16, 2014, 02:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
Maybe you would need to switch to that IE install... ;D ;D ;D

mouser:
Stoic's lead looks very promising..
See if spellcheck="false" fixes things?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page