ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Good bye. (originally About buying books, etc., especially at amazon's)

<< < (5/5)

tomos:
Is there a thread that one posts in when they hit 33k?
-cschw (June 20, 2014, 11:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think you covered it :Thmbsup: :D
but,
for the record:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=2625.msg357764#msg357764

40hz:
But of course, unless you're just posting to get things down, it can feel lonely after a while as no one responds if no one reads.
--- End quote ---

That of course, is the most cruel and ironic problem with writing long posts -- sometimes the more work you put into writing a long post, the less likely it is that others will be able to absorb it all and be able to respond..

-mouser (June 20, 2014, 10:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think therein lies the fundamental difference between posting in a forum and posting for a blog.

Forums are a conversation. Blogs are more a meditation, lecture, ramble.

If you want to go long, get a blog.

wraith808:
But of course, unless you're just posting to get things down, it can feel lonely after a while as no one responds if no one reads.
--- End quote ---

That of course, is the most cruel and ironic problem with writing long posts -- sometimes the more work you put into writing a long post, the less likely it is that others will be able to absorb it all and be able to respond..

-mouser (June 20, 2014, 10:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think therein lies the fundamental difference between posting in a forum and posting for a blog.

Forums are a conversation. Blogs are more a meditation, lecture, ramble.

If you want to go long, get a blog.
-40hz (June 21, 2014, 06:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Great breakdown!  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version